UFC matchmaker Joe Silva wants middleweight Jake Rosholt to get more experience, his manager told MMAWeekly on Monday.
Rosholt on Monday announced he had been cut from the UFC via his official Twitter account. He went 1-2 in the Octagon.
Ted Ehrhardt, who in 2007 recruited the standout wrestler for a career in MMA with Team Takedown, said Rosholt’s exit would not be permanent.
“We’re gonna get him some more experience, try to get a winning streak going,” he said. “They pretty much don’t have room on their cards to try to get someone a winning streak. They need them to have one before they come in.”
Rosholt came to the UFC with just five professional fights to his credit, with a one-fight stint in the WEC that came to an abrupt end when the promotion shuttered all divisions above lightweight earlier this year.
Rosholt stumbled in his Octagon debut February, losing to Dan Miller by submission. Six months later, in August, he impressed with a submission victory over Chris Leben at UFC 102.
read full article...
Related MMA gear from the UG Store