UFC releases Denis Kang, Jason Dent, Roli Delgado

source: mmasurvival.com

UFC releases Denis Kang, Jason Dent, Roli Delgado, following losses at UFC 105 and UFC 106.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

Jaco Sugafly Athletics Team Hoodie

Jaco Sugafly Athletics Team Hoodie

Majic Sam site profile image

12/10/09 8:59 PM by Majic Sam

I wonder how Kang would do at 170?Probably quite well.

Ghengiseanie site profile image

12/10/09 4:02 PM by Ghengiseanie

Could have sworn I posted in this thread, but in any case, Good lUck Roli, Still a fan, just avoid the bombs :D

Snappy Whistleteeth site profile image

12/10/09 3:54 PM by Snappy Whistleteeth

Roli, do you mean 145 pounds?  Wow, aren't you 6'3?  I'm 6'3 and if I was 145 lbs I would need help opening a car door.   I thought your striking looked good but just lacked mustard.   Have you ever thought about going up to a weight more suited for your height?  (170 at least, maybe 185).  Thanks.  Good luck in the future.

vruntson site profile image

12/10/09 12:15 PM by vruntson

He could've won by KO or TKO if he remained standing instead of engaging in energy sapping ground/bjj work/wrestling. He rocked Bisping, therefore he should've continued with the stand-up and out strike his opponent.

Li Mu Bai site profile image

12/10/09 10:48 AM by Li Mu Bai

I don't remember Dent, but Roli and Kang can be top fighters at their weight. Maybe SF will get them.Last Kang's fight i thought he was too nervous and anxious to finish the fight and emptied his gas in the first minutes.I really think he could win or get a decision if he was more calm.

Tomato Can site profile image

12/10/09 10:07 AM by Tomato Can

I think it's time to accept that it's not just a mental roadblock, it's who he is as a fighter.Sort of like it's time to accept that Jorge Gurgel is primarily a striker, not a BJJ fighter.

TheRealMKL site profile image

12/10/09 9:48 AM by TheRealMKL

Good call

Cementhead site profile image

12/10/09 9:11 AM by Cementhead

What happened in 2008. You were in a slump?

Hansumboy site profile image

12/10/09 9:01 AM by Hansumboy

When he walked through Ninja, Suloev and Gono in Pride Bushido I remember thinking he was gonna become a world beater.He never lived up to his potential.

hebaj site profile image

12/10/09 7:36 AM by hebaj

Poor old Kang just can't seem to get over that mental roadblock between being a decent fighter with great potential, to being the great fighter he could become.Shows that your mental attributes in MMA are just as important as your physical strengths.