UFC releases Denis Kang, Jason Dent, Roli Delgado

source: mmasurvival.com

UFC releases Denis Kang, Jason Dent, Roli Delgado, following losses at UFC 105 and UFC 106.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Rashad Evans Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Rashad Evans Action Figure

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

Majic Sam site profile image

12/10/09 8:59 PM by Majic Sam

I wonder how Kang would do at 170?Probably quite well.

Ghengiseanie site profile image

12/10/09 4:02 PM by Ghengiseanie

Could have sworn I posted in this thread, but in any case, Good lUck Roli, Still a fan, just avoid the bombs :D

Snappy Whistleteeth site profile image

12/10/09 3:54 PM by Snappy Whistleteeth

Roli, do you mean 145 pounds?  Wow, aren't you 6'3?  I'm 6'3 and if I was 145 lbs I would need help opening a car door.   I thought your striking looked good but just lacked mustard.   Have you ever thought about going up to a weight more suited for your height?  (170 at least, maybe 185).  Thanks.  Good luck in the future.

vruntson site profile image

12/10/09 12:15 PM by vruntson

He could've won by KO or TKO if he remained standing instead of engaging in energy sapping ground/bjj work/wrestling. He rocked Bisping, therefore he should've continued with the stand-up and out strike his opponent.

Li Mu Bai site profile image

12/10/09 10:48 AM by Li Mu Bai

I don't remember Dent, but Roli and Kang can be top fighters at their weight. Maybe SF will get them.Last Kang's fight i thought he was too nervous and anxious to finish the fight and emptied his gas in the first minutes.I really think he could win or get a decision if he was more calm.

Tomato Can site profile image

12/10/09 10:07 AM by Tomato Can

I think it's time to accept that it's not just a mental roadblock, it's who he is as a fighter.Sort of like it's time to accept that Jorge Gurgel is primarily a striker, not a BJJ fighter.

TheRealMKL site profile image

12/10/09 9:48 AM by TheRealMKL

Good call

Cementhead site profile image

12/10/09 9:11 AM by Cementhead

What happened in 2008. You were in a slump?

Hansumboy site profile image

12/10/09 9:01 AM by Hansumboy

When he walked through Ninja, Suloev and Gono in Pride Bushido I remember thinking he was gonna become a world beater.He never lived up to his potential.

hebaj site profile image

12/10/09 7:36 AM by hebaj

Poor old Kang just can't seem to get over that mental roadblock between being a decent fighter with great potential, to being the great fighter he could become.Shows that your mental attributes in MMA are just as important as your physical strengths.