Brian Foster v Chris Lytle at UFC 110

source: mmamania.com

Chris Lytle (27-17-5) is still on schedule to compete "down under" thanks to Brian Foster (13-4), who steps in to replace the injured Dong Hyun Kim on the upcoming UFC 110 fight card booked for the Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia, on Feb. 21, according to a recent MySpace post from Foster.

The HIT Squad standout dropped a submission loss to Rick Story in his Octagon debut at UFC 103: "Franklin vs. Belfort" back on September 19 -- but not before claiming his half of the "Fight of the Night" bonus for lighting it up inside the cage.

Instead of moping around the gym about coming up short, Foster returned to action just two months later, pounding out the venerable Brock Larson en route to a second round stoppage.

A similar performance against Lytle could go a long way in establishing him as a force to be reckoned with at 170-pounds.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Submission BJJ Belt

Submission BJJ Belt

Hayabusa Tokushu 4oz MMA Gloves

Hayabusa Tokushu 4oz MMA Gloves

bryanand site profile image

2/9/10 1:02 PM by bryanand

I love Lytle and all, but like Marcus Davis isn't he becoming a bit irrelevant in the UFC?Not a knock against him, but I think it's time for him to move on to someplace like Strikeforce.

Hardcharger site profile image

2/9/10 11:54 AM by Hardcharger

Foster manhandled Larson in shocking fashion. This fight with Lytle will be guaranteed excitement. I hope they find a way to fit this into the PPV broadcast.

wmkelleo site profile image

2/9/10 11:51 AM by wmkelleo

FOTN 4 sure!!!WAR FOSTER!!!!!!

Haole site profile image

12/23/09 8:20 PM by Haole

sweet

slamming site profile image

12/23/09 7:13 PM by slamming

Lytle seems to dominate the lesser guys but fall to everyone mid tier and up. The very definition of a gatekeeper you could say.Not to worry, i will be there for this event and i wont mind seeing Lytle go batshit for the crowds enjoyment. That's why he will remain in the UFC.

mcpeepants232003 site profile image

12/23/09 7:09 PM by mcpeepants232003

^ Rick Story is fighting in less than a month on Ufn 20, versus Jesse Lennox.I actually like this match up. Foster has looked pretty impressive in both of his Ufc fights and he should force Lytle to display his other skills.

Haole site profile image

12/23/09 6:56 PM by Haole

I could see Foster rag dolling Lytle all over the cage, or I could see Lytle picking him apart him from the outside - glad to see Foster again, now they need to get Rick Story another fight, that kid is sick also

Rand McPherson site profile image

12/23/09 6:42 PM by Rand McPherson

I feel bad for every other fight on the card. FOTN has pretty much been locked in unless Lytle tries to sub him out or Foster can't hang. I gotta go with Lytle, and hope Foster ready for a swollen face.

Arcot Ramathorn site profile image

12/23/09 1:43 PM by Arcot Ramathorn

There are a few others I would have rathered see fill-in for Kim. But I see Lytle winning this one. Sub in Rd-1

mkou site profile image

12/23/09 1:42 PM by mkou

Tough fight for Foster, but he looked pretty good against Larson.Still, I'd side with experience on this one.