Herring: 'Dana White has six Ferraris, I just want one'

source: espnradio.com

"I really don't care too much for [the UFC's management team], I don't think they care too much for me.

"They've got their guys they want to push, guys they want to market. Randy Couture, Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir are the guys they want to push and market. The problem is if you're one of the guys who's not one of their favorites, they want to keep you out of the competition.

"I'm trying to make money for myself, feed my family, and [the UFC] are trying to do everything they can to make it impossible for me. With the way the UFC's pay scale and as much as it costs me to get ready for a fight. At the end of the day I made like 40 grand.

"If I was getting a little more money and it was worth my while I'd get back into fighting. But right now I'm making more in movies. I've got to look out for number one as far as that goes.

"[The UFC] are literally making money off our blood, sweat and tears. We don't get any health insurance. If you get hurt training for a fight, you're screwed. It's really kind of crazy. Dana White's got six Ferraris. Hell, I just want one."

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

tags: Heath Herring (detail)  Dana White   UFC

RyannVonDoom site profile image

2/18/10 10:37 AM by RyannVonDoom

You ran your mouth about how I don't have a blue name.. yet I'm able to post pictures and videos.. Shows you how much of a fucking retard you are. You do know that you can pick the color you want right? lol @ this idiocy you keep spewing.

hugojkd site profile image

2/17/10 3:47 PM by hugojkd

By who? You?Once again, a free marketeer freeloader who won't live up to his own principals.See you on ignore.

RyannVonDoom site profile image

2/17/10 2:54 PM by RyannVonDoom

Interesting how you bring up the buying of a blue name like that really fucking matters. Idiocy at it's finest. You just got fucking pwnt.

Liyon site profile image

2/17/10 12:13 PM by Liyon

What it comes down to is that the fighters are just employees with limited options. Also, the "conspiracy" theory is that the UFC does not want and will not promote any fighters over the brand unless they are personally friends and loyal to Dana and the Fertittas. They do not want to create true superstars that are bigger than the sport and can take viewership to other promotions if they decide to go elsewhere. Some people think that's one key reason they got rid of the ramp entrances. With the fighters walking-in, they are just automatons that are easily replaced. Everyone is the same.Give guys like Tito, Genki Sudo, Anderson Silva, etc... a venue to really show off other aspects of their talent and these guys have the potential to be mega-stars based on the atmosphere they create coupled with their fighting ability. The major difference between boxing and the UFC is people watch boxing for the fighters. People watch the UFC b/c it's the UFC. That's the way they want to keep it.

Up With Evil site profile image

2/17/10 11:49 AM by Up With Evil

I think people on this thread need to understand a little bit more about the WWF "sports entertainment" business model in order to fully appreciate the current structure and goals of the UFC.   Suffice it to say that Zuffa didn't invent this business model out of whole cloth.

hugojkd site profile image

2/17/10 11:31 AM by hugojkd

Wow, yet another braindead butthurt Repug cunt ganging up on me. Since you seem to care so much, I'll spell it out:I believe trickle down Reganomics is a farce that's responsible for the recession & corporate control of our country. I believe that repugs who bitch & moan about govt cream their pants at the sight of big biz & CEO's. A lot of the BLAF worship that comes from this thread is a direct reflection of Big Daddy CEO right wing faggotry. You love your loud mouth idiots (Rush, Dubya, Palin, etc...) You guys are always looking for some CEO or company to worship. Almost every fucking time fighter pay's is brought up, assholes like Ib0x come storming out of the woodwork defending the free market, bitching about liberals, blah, blah, blah. It's like bad Republican Kabuki theater.You morons can't own up to your party's bullshit over the 8 years they controlled everything & find new & creative ways to blame everyone but yourselves. You cunts bitch about personal responsibility but refuse to take any when the idiots you voted in start stupid, expensive wars, recessions, & give bail outs (a huge contradiction to your so-called principles) to banks & big biz.You people like to felch about liberals being commies when all you fuckers are are a bunch fascist corporatists. As for the Dems, I think Clinton & Obama are corporatists & repubs in sheeps clothing - repubs lite, if you will. What a disgrace. Most dems these days are pussified wanna be repug corportists. I think the reason why so many people believe in repub trickle down bullshit is the same reason why people watch American Idol & listen Fall Out Boy: they'er stupid, braindead sheep that want other stupid braindead sheep like the Dubyas & the Palins to lead the way. Or their intelligent, educated, self-righteous elitists assholes. But usually they're just dumb.This country is broken; we need a strong progressive movement to fix it. And before you cunts start saying progressives are just Dems, socialists, and...and...liberals (GASP!) or whatever other buzzwords you heard on Fox, remember that one of the greatest repubs in history (& one of the last true conservatives), Teddy Roosevelt, was considered a progressive. The man preached corp regulation way before you knuckleheads bought into the myth of Ronald Regan.I haven't posted as much lately, cause I'm sick of all the BLAF worshipers & dittohead righties, which seem to go hand in hand. Does that spell it out for you? After a while, this gets to be a boring waste of time.

lionsoul site profile image

2/17/10 11:15 AM by lionsoul

I love how all the obvious Zuffa employees come out in force on these threads.The bottom line is that the fighters are the product and need to be compensated accordingly.They have nobody else but themselves to blame for not having a Union.Zuffa plays the divide and conquer game by paying up the highest marketed folks so that they keep quiet and play ball.The problem is that fighter compensation (including health/disability insurance) is vital to make the deal more equitable for the fighters who lay it all on the line.The fighters could guarantee a certain percentage of all revenues (with minimum pay provisions) if they were smart enough to band together and demand more. There is ZERO reason that the fighters don't get at least 50% of the revenues.As it stands today, that number is closer to 5%-10% of the revenues (a complete joke). But why should Zuffa change their approach if there is NO CONSEQUENCE to continuing their approach.

hugojkd site profile image

2/17/10 10:55 AM by hugojkd

Blah blah blah, keep making assumptions, keep & making an ass outta yourself. Once again, you know nothing about what I think or believe. You call your self a conservative & think your special cause you like Ron Paul. I don't give a fuck who you voted for, what you think, or what you believe. Idiots like you are funny to a point, but if nothing else, that's what a blue name is for.Funny how all the the tough guy conservatives are free loaders too cheap to buy names.Later bitch.

RyannVonDoom site profile image

2/17/10 1:35 AM by RyannVonDoom

Bush wasn't who I voted for.. but you're too retarded to know that Kerry was related to Bush, as is Obama.. What you don't seem to grasp is what we see as an "election" is nothing more than just a game to make us think that we have a say in who is "in charge" of the country. I laugh at people like you.

Jambalaya site profile image

2/16/10 11:39 PM by Jambalaya

I think it's pretty clear to everyone what you are.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!