Coker not interested in Trigg, Coleman, or Canseco

by Michael David Smith | source: mmafighting.com

While Strikeforce has some work to do before deciding who Walker's opponent would be in his second pro fight, the promotion has definitely decided that it will not be Canseco.

"That's not going to happen," Coker said. "I know he wants to fight and he trained with Cesar Gracie, but I don't think he's training with Cesar anymore."

While on the subject of old guys looking for one more chance at glory, Coker said he doesn't want Strikeforce to be the place for UFC cast-offs. Asked if he's interested in Mark Coleman and Frank Trigg, both of whom were released after losing fights this month, Coker said, "No, I'm not. No. I would say no."

Read entire article...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

FreakDaddy site profile image

2/27/10 9:24 AM by FreakDaddy

I see Coleman and Jose fighting over in Japan. Trigg will most likely retire or take some time off. He did not look like he wanted to be in the cage when he fought Serra. Hopefully, Trigg can get an announcing job with someone.

Deus ex Machida site profile image

2/27/10 8:44 AM by Deus ex Machida

Carlton Fist site profile image

2/27/10 12:08 AM by Carlton Fist

You mean Fruit Booter? Your credentails are impeccable good sir.

krundle site profile image

2/27/10 12:00 AM by krundle

No but I didn't want to be accused of playin "Roller" gayblade type

Monsters Ball site profile image

2/26/10 11:50 PM by Monsters Ball

Hershel helps bring in a different fan base. Kind of like Kimbo does. Coleman/Trigg probably wouldn't bring anybody in that wasn't watching already.

Kirik site profile image

2/26/10 11:36 PM by Kirik

Lion Of Zion site profile image

2/26/10 10:39 PM by Lion Of Zion

Is there another kind of hockey?

krundle site profile image

2/26/10 10:36 PM by krundle

Just sayin, I aint no household name but .....I am 47 years also, I am an Ice Hockey Player,I am a active Pro MMA Fighter,I am an Alliance Black Belt in BJJ,I am 2-1 in MMA as a Pro,I do want to fight Hershel,I have contacted Strikeforce and would be a good opponent for the dude. I ain't sayin I 'm a shit-hot fighter.I would be a legitimate fight for Mr. Walker.Just sayin..

BzGrappla site profile image

2/26/10 3:50 PM by BzGrappla

shhh dont use that logic with the shills. the same guys who though they would have folded 2yrs agoLMFAO

JerodR site profile image

2/26/10 3:00 PM by JerodR

Good for him. When fighters leave on a losing note from the UFC they are basically damaged goods. No matter how good they do for the next promotion the UFC can always say they didn't make it in the UFC or their time has passed. Keeps rival companies as 2nd rate in the eye of the casual fan.Under the right circumstances it might be alright but these two are not the right circumstances.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!