Nick Thompson plays Devil's Advocate on killing in the cage

source: The Underground

killing your opponent

From: kidpresentable
Member Since: 4/30/03
Posts: 5965
Within the confines of the given rules, it is my job to try and kill my opponent. While I hope it never actually occurs, I try my best to make it happen every time I fight. If you don't like it, go watch soccer.

IrishRomo - Your job is to defeat your opponent. By ko, submission or decision. None of these should result in death. There is a reason this sport is so safe compared to boxing.

From: kidpresentable
That's it, I am going to kill you too.

Bruce Leroy -  im gonna walk into a bar sit next to the hottest girl in the place and say exactly what you said.....and ill see what happens

From: kidpresentable
That is actially how I met my wife.

PeterIrl - I thought that the goal in MMA was to either make your opponent tap out, or KO him. Whats with all this killing talk? If you want to kill people for a living, go join the army.

From: kidpresentable
I tried the army route; they wouldn't let me fight in spandex.  If I can't kill someone while wearing spandex, I don't even know if I want to do it.

da Vinci 81 - I thought you were supposed to make him quit or knock him out?? Why bother going for any other submission than a choke if that's your mentality...

From: kidpresentable
because ifi break his arm first, no can defend the choke to death

qazzaq - if you want to get yourself in the mindset to do that- then more power to you. but dont open your yapper like mir did because although this sport isnt where it was five or ten years ago- where that comment would have done more damage to the sport then than it does now- the sport is still at a stage where that comment draws the attention of the likes of yahoos front page news- which is where I read it.

From: kidpresentable
The only news that is bad for the UFC is no news.  You read it on the front page of the yahoo!?  I am sure Dana hates that!

Boomtown-i have no idea how good a fighter you are, but your comebacks are terrible.

From: kidpresentable
Your comebacks are terrible.

Read entire thread...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Jaco Sugafly Athletics Team Hoodie

Jaco Sugafly Athletics Team Hoodie

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

tags: Nick Thompson (detail)  The Goat

Forssberg site profile image

3/3/10 8:45 PM by Forssberg

Has become a faux title as a consequence of the spread of academic doctoral degrees (PHDs). Was originally an authentic title to designate the achievement of a professional doctoral degree.

Legend Of Homer site profile image

3/3/10 6:29 PM by Legend Of Homer

Nick Awesome, Esq.

Spc Lee Lohff site profile image

3/3/10 11:48 AM by Spc Lee Lohff

Dr. Awesome should set somebody on fire in the ring, and then continue to assist the burning by tossing in 1040 forms. Then write a personal statement for Georgetown's LLM in Taxation program that centers around using mma fighters as firewood.Then call me.

kidpresentable site profile image

3/3/10 11:40 AM by kidpresentable

So you aren't going to call me Dr. Awesome?  This sucks.

Legend Of Homer site profile image

3/3/10 10:25 AM by Legend Of Homer

think I sprelled "root" wrong. too lazy to edit

Legend Of Homer site profile image

3/3/10 10:23 AM by Legend Of Homer

Wasn't referring to that part of the post as a troll, your 2nd part is the troll.Anyone who has gone to law school knows that it's about generating money. I go to school in Australia, where LLM is not tandem. You have to have a LLB/JD before the LLM. My point more was that there are law degrees after the JD so almost by definition can't be of a "doctorate" standing. JD is obviously the hardest one to get and the only necessary degree for practice. LLM is more for academia IMO.I got his posts as he was meant to be funny, but it is a pet peave of mine with the "doctor" thing as I know others aren't joking when they do it. So sorry Nick if I included you in my mini-rant.I route for anyone from Wisconsin, as I originally was raised there before coming over to Oz.and 2jups I like your posting too.

2JupitersTooMany site profile image

3/3/10 10:16 AM by 2JupitersTooMany

I'm actually not trolling. We legitimately had an LLM program that ran in tandem with our J.D. program, and it was not nearly as intense or valuable as a Juris "Doctorate." If you respect Nick, you may want to brush up on his brand of humor.

Legend Of Homer site profile image

3/3/10 10:13 AM by Legend Of Homer

Know you were trolling, just wanted to clarify for Nick as I actually respect him, just don't approve of the behaviour.

2JupitersTooMany site profile image

3/3/10 10:11 AM by 2JupitersTooMany

Homer took the bait!But seriously, learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all.

Legend Of Homer site profile image

3/3/10 10:07 AM by Legend Of Homer

Not trolling or self loathing, just don't like when people claim to be "doctors" when they aren't. My friend from the States would do it as well. Why not be happy and proud of what you actually are: a law grad. It's difficult and stressful to get one, no need to falsely pump it up as it stands on its own merits.