Bellator 14 results and highlight video

Submission BJJ Belt

Submission BJJ Belt

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

asscobra site profile image

4/16/10 11:07 AM by asscobra

Not all refs are BJJ BBs like Big John and Yamasaki. I can see how it might have looked like Thomas was in trouble but this guy is obviously uneducated in submissions. Thomas did have his eyes closed and he didn't signal that he was ok.

shootfightermike site profile image

4/16/10 11:01 AM by shootfightermike

ttt

AnthonySullivan site profile image

4/16/10 10:38 AM by AnthonySullivan

I agree.  I just watched it and that was some bullshit.  Does Bellator plan to protect him all the way to the title?  That referee was on the take.

Jsteven site profile image

4/16/10 9:31 AM by Jsteven

I didnt see it i meant to have a question mark there, I misread what Rossen said i thought Curran had the mount a bunch of times and he was being sarcastic about the judging.

Nexuscrawlers site profile image

4/16/10 8:01 AM by Nexuscrawlers

awesome event. UFC should use the bellator model and just do 3 tournaments a year for title shots witht he champ fighting 3 times a year. Bellator!

SD CARTEL site profile image

4/16/10 1:55 AM by SD CARTEL

Toby Imaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sside maurice site profile image

4/16/10 1:49 AM by sside maurice

Goldsby looked good and won a clear decision. The much, much closer decision was Herrig's fight. Askren ate a few shots early, but then took over the fight with his wrestling. Nonetheless, it was a very bad stoppage by the ref. Imada and Reis showcased their very slick ground skills. Reis showed absolutely textbook BJJ: take him down, pass to mount, soften him up with strikes, take his back, RNC. Pat Curran's fight started off slow but ended quickly. Ricci was KOed by a right hand standing and then ate about 3 extra shots on the ground before the ref stepped in. Very impressive performance.

AOmonsta site profile image

4/16/10 1:20 AM by AOmonsta

Oh plus i saw a lot of Tracy Lee. So i was happy face.

AOmonsta site profile image

4/16/10 12:50 AM by AOmonsta

I watched this one live tonight, great event overall. I'm loving this Bellator on every thursday night. May have some competition next week, because the NFL draft is on, but i'll be flipping back and forth. The Curran KO was awesome. Those shots after the knockdown were brutal. Two weeks straight with awesome KO's. The Reis/Lierley fight was real entertaining in the first round. Real scrappy and hail marry punches thrown. After the 1st round though, Reis took over with his superior ground game. Oh and Lierley looks like Josh Thomson's brother. I think his future may be pretty bright. The Askren/Thomas was for sure controversial. From what i saw Thomas was in a really screwed up spot. Reminded me of that Dan Miller IFL guillotine the way his neck was. Thomas was motionless and face turning red, so it was an iffy call imo, but still should have went on. I don't think they'll give an immediate rematch. I suggest Thomas gets win bonus, plus becomes 1st alternate in the tourney in case anyone gets injured. I still don't get why Bellator has put the supposed "main" as the 3rd fight. I don't care for that. The Imada fight was back and forth throughout. Each man being on top and bottom position, plus Krause cut 35 lbs in a week is crazy. He just got one of those long limps caught. and i don't really remember, but i think Imada was close to getting an omaplata at one point. Overall good night of fights and really excited about seeing Hornbuckle and Pitbull next week.

MattBenwa site profile image

4/16/10 12:41 AM by MattBenwa

One of the worst stoppages in recent memory - that ref needs to be fired, now.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!