Arona: I hope I can talk to Dana White

by Guilherme Cruz | source:

One of the greatest stars of Pride, Ricardo Arona was not picked up by the UFC when it acquired the Japanese organization. Three years after the end of Pride, Arona wants to speak with Dana White, Focused on the recovery of an injured knee, the Brazilian hopes to go to Las Vegas this week, where he will meet the team of Rogério Minotouro, who will fight Saturday on UFC 114.

“I’m going for other reasons, to give a support to Minotouro, merchandising… Being there, I hope I can talk to Dana White, but we don’t have nothing settled or scheduled”, revealed Ricardo to TATAME, joining the former team mate against Jason Brilz. “I’m going to meet the guys… I don’t know if I’ll get there right on time, but I’ll do what I can to help him”, tells the fighter, who recently came back to the trainings. “I just came back to train now, on a calm way because of my knee, but this recovery part is almost done. I’m training so I can be at my best and can come back to business”.

Despite being out of UFC, Arona keeps tuned on the big fights of the event, especially when it comes to a title dispute on his division. After a very tight first fight, Maurício Shogun won the rematch, knocking Lyoto Machida out on the first round. Arona guarantees he was not surprised. “Because they are both champions, you can hope for a tough fight, but exactly because both are champions the fight has a decisive factor, it can end after the whole 25 minutes or on a lucky or ability moment, and that’s what happened”, analyzes.

Read entire article,,,

tags: UFC   Ricardo Arona   Dana White

D3structo site profile image

5/29/10 8:09 PM by D3structo

Arona would do well in the UFC. Good takedowns, mediocre stand up and good top control... he'll fit right in and do well.

ausgepicht site profile image

5/29/10 7:35 PM by ausgepicht

If he fought with a t-shirt on and you didn't have direct access to his pecs it would become a major issue wouldn't it? Just trying to find out what you'd love to see Arona do. What has he done in all his fights that makes him exciting? I mean if you were to put all the exciting things he did into a highlight reel they would be the times he got KOed.

dcase site profile image

5/28/10 11:39 AM by dcase

I would love to see Arona in the UFC

ausgepicht site profile image

5/28/10 11:23 AM by ausgepicht

Suck on this gay Arona fans! BLAF concurs with Ausgepicht. BWAHAHAHA!  “I don’t think I have been worried about Arona beating everybody. Didn’t Arona just lose? I think Arona just lost recently. There’s no reason I have been like: “Oh God Arona could beat everybody”, or… You know, if I thought Arona was gonna beat everybody he would be here right now”, said White, who already revealed who he’d like to face in a MMA fight. “I’d fight Arona first because I think he sucks! (Laughs). That’s a tough question. I’m not going to answer that one”.-BLAF

BzGrappla site profile image

5/26/10 4:11 PM by BzGrappla

Dude Arona is the man, Get him in the UFC!Oh wait, we need more TUF CASTOFFS!!

Miss inf0 site profile image

5/26/10 3:48 PM by Miss inf0

Why not.. there's room for more blankets in the UFC.....

ausgepicht site profile image

5/26/10 3:41 PM by ausgepicht

Riiiight. And saying he beat Fedor is quality posting? Oh the ironing.

HollywoodHandjob site profile image

5/26/10 3:17 PM by HollywoodHandjob

Congrats on having no comeback, I can see a man is defeated when he resorts to petty insults.

ausgepicht site profile image

5/26/10 3:16 PM by ausgepicht

If he cuts to 170 he may have a chance. As of now most of the guys at 205 will destroy him. The current champ snatched his soul when they fought.

TonyBarbernhb site profile image

5/26/10 3:09 PM by TonyBarbernhb

LOL@ this Arona hate. as long as that man keeps his chin down, he's gonna dominate.