Baroni vs Salter at UFC 118 in Boston at 185

by Damon Martin | source: mmaweekly.com

It's back to middleweight for the New York Badass. Phil Baroni's trip to the welterweight class appears over for now as he's set to return to 185lbs in his next fight when he faces John Salter at UFC 118 in Boston on the undercard of the show.

The 13-12 Baroni fell short in his return to the UFC in a fight against Amir Sadollah, losing by unanimous decision. Now back at middleweight, Baroni has to know the pressure is on to get a win or possibly find a new fighting home.

Facing Baroni in Boston will be Alabama fighter John Salter (5-1) who had an unfortunate ending to his last fight in the UFC when opponent Jason MacDonald snapped his leg in the first round of their fight at UFC 113 in May.

Read entire article...

Venum Venum Tribal Boxing Gloves - Nappa Leather

Venum Venum Tribal Boxing Gloves - Nappa Leather

Venum Electron 2.0 Red Devil Fight Shorts

Venum Electron 2.0 Red Devil Fight Shorts

SheerPerfection site profile image

6/1/10 2:38 AM by SheerPerfection

yes, hes back to 185. He said yesterday all he has to cut is 10 pounds. He did get up to 220 while in Thailand but has since properly dieted.

Hawkeye02 site profile image

5/31/10 8:12 PM by Hawkeye02

So is this fight at middleweight?  Baroni moving back up?  Baroni might have the gas now...

Timothyk site profile image

5/31/10 5:53 PM by Timothyk

And I am willing to bet you have accomplished more in your time on the planet. I know you have definitely fought tougher fighters.

knucklesinyourface site profile image

5/31/10 12:44 PM by knucklesinyourface

zzzzzzzzzz......Baloni...zzzzzzzzz... retire already...or....how about switch over to boxing.. you might not expend so much energy and possibly make it out of the 1/2 round still being able to breathe.. Seriously why is he even competing? oh.....Nostalga.

Bobby Lupo site profile image

5/31/10 9:54 AM by Bobby Lupo

Fuckin a....Baroni and Sakara on the same card. A true fan's dream. Real fighters, not humpers or runners.

Nanook site profile image

5/31/10 9:11 AM by Nanook

Oddessa, Salter has great cardio and very good grappling and submission skills..Phil has a chance on the feet for sure, but I'm going with Salter. Wanna up the odds a bit?

SheerPerfection site profile image

5/31/10 1:50 AM by SheerPerfection

Ill take Salters (LOL) in a bet there FCF. I win, your TUFNOOB for a monthyou win, I'm FCFsbeyatchTAKE THE BET

Oddessa site profile image

5/30/10 8:52 PM by Oddessa

Salters tough...not to be undersestimated...good cardio... but the NYBA should smash him. ps:  I'm biased

Nanook site profile image

5/30/10 5:59 PM by Nanook

I'm down for a screen name bet..I like Baroni, but Salter will bully him then submit him.

HYBRID JON site profile image

5/30/10 1:11 PM by HYBRID JON

I'm down... Just remind me via PM before the fight..  TTT for the NYBA!!!

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear