Ninja Roberts: Focus on bonus money hurt performance

by Ray Hui | source: mmafighting.com

"I looked at the card and I had the highest percentage of submission and the guy I was fighting had the highest percentage of losing by submission," Daniel "Ninja" Roberts recently told MMAFighting.com. "I looked at all the matchups, and I was thinking, 'Man, I have a good chance to get this.'"

"I'm definitely happy to win, but the last fight, that definitely wasn't me. That's not how I normally fight. I was focused on that bonus and I'm really upset that I did that. I'm a lot better fighter than what I showed."

"I definitely could have used the money, cause I mean, where I live in San Francisco is one of the most expensive places in the world to live. "It's all good, I'm doing fine. This is a huge lesson for me."

"My main goal from now is to destroy my opponents as fast as possible. "I'll take a submission. I'll take a knockout. Any kind of way."

Read entire article...

Fuckin' a

Ecko Unltd site profile image

7/21/10 2:56 AM by Ecko Unltd

He didn't lose. He won

Zamiel site profile image

7/21/10 2:50 AM by Zamiel

Digressing from this '09er-'10er circle jerk...I think this guy's a dick for using this as an excuse.It's one thing to take this approach, have it bite you in the ass, and mention it to friends in private, but to blab it to the media as an excuse for losing is weak.

musclegarden site profile image

7/21/10 1:58 AM by musclegarden

If you're referring to my post, which I assume you are b/c I used the word douche, I'll explain myself a little better. I wasn't calling you a douche-bag, I've never met you and I assume you're a cool guy. I was merely saying that you're not coming across very well in your posts, but I don't think you mind, which is probably a good thing for someone in your line of work.I just think we're reading Roberts' comments differently. I see them coming from an athlete who feels he could have performed better, whether he could have or not is irrelevant. Maybe he shouldn't have said those things in the long run, but I thought it was more of a self-motivating thing than a dig at Petz. GSP said similar things after the Hardy fight (He's tough but I should have finished, etc, etc.)I'm not friends with Roberts so it really doesn't affect me either way. However YOU are friends with Petz, so you're definitely the one with some emotional investment here and it's probably difficult for you to be completely objective. Just saying.

gward armbar site profile image

7/21/10 1:29 AM by gward armbar

"Still doesn't change the fact I'm going to knock Roberts block off, if and when I get that chance :-) "Oh snap!does Dan post on the UG? this could get epic.

TheAssassin site profile image

7/21/10 12:37 AM by TheAssassin

ttt

TheAssassin site profile image

7/21/10 12:36 AM by TheAssassin

ttt

GagasSoldierisAmaroon site profile image

7/21/10 12:24 AM by GagasSoldierisAmaroon

ttt

TheAssassin site profile image

7/20/10 9:15 PM by TheAssassin

TTT for a fight between The Assassin and Ninja.