Lesnar's coach comments on leading contenders

source: fightersonlymagazine.co.uk

Lesnar's BJJ coach Rodrigo 'Comprido' Medeiros on Cain Velasquez

"Of course I will not be able to anticipate what the strategy used by (Cain) Velasquez will be, but I see Cain trying to use his physical attributes, because he has a very good gas and I believe will be fighting the whole time, will punch, will move, kick, doing it all ... Maybe he will try a single leg on the outside, I suppose that is the strategy of Velasquez."

"It is obvious that he can come with a surprise and so can we. He's a more complete fighter than Carwin."

Lesnar's BJJ coach Rodrigo 'Comprido' Medeiros on Junior Dos Santos

"I think we have to take one step at a time. I saw the fights of the Gypsy  and I think he is a good athlete, he will no way be bad on the floor because he does jiu-jitsu for some time and trains with the Nogueira brothers and Demian [Maia], he is certainly not a fool on the floor," was his assessment.

"Gypsy has heavy hands, is very strong, and in time we will review it thoroughly. The UFC has the best heavyweights in the world and Brock knows that… The level is very high and whoever is coming in brings pressure. Everybody wants to beat Brock, who is the champion."

Read entire article...

Props to BloodyElbow.com

Hayabusa Chikara Fight Shorts

Hayabusa Chikara Fight Shorts

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

tags: Brock Lesnar (detail)  Comprido   Rodrigo Medeiros   UFC

Stea1th site profile image

8/21/10 3:44 PM by Stea1th

A bottle of gypse tears to protect cain from aids?

BoondockJOSH site profile image

8/21/10 3:33 PM by BoondockJOSH

Gypse could have at least said JDS Posted from my mma underground iPhone app

MMAOutbreak site profile image

8/21/10 2:41 PM by MMAOutbreak

Whether you like Lesnar or not I think there is a lot to be admired (or at least respected) in the guy. He brings in top level coaches and training partners and seems to surround himself with top notch people like Rodrigo. Randy has trained with him, Pat Barry's name has said he is training with Lesnar, I know for a fact that he routinely brings down Rodrigo Monduruca from Winnipeg to help him with his BJJ. Obviously his financial position allows him to do things other guys cant, but he still deserves props for taking his game so serious and developing so quickly.

DevilsAdvocate site profile image

8/21/10 2:19 PM by DevilsAdvocate

Brock is just one of those guys who breathes heavy. Some people are that way. I have never seen him throw a dead armed punch like Carwin did and if he was tired against Randy then he sure didn't show it once he had him hurt. He threw like 40 hammerfists in 15 seconds.

JDSFTW site profile image

8/21/10 2:11 PM by JDSFTW

Lesnar hatres are just pitiful these days. He has proven himself Posted from my mma underground iPhone app

NDmmafan site profile image

8/21/10 2:09 PM by NDmmafan

Go look at a pic of Herring's face after this fight and than try to pass of this BS statement.

supersaiyan site profile image

8/21/10 2:06 PM by supersaiyan

noone would get tired of riding their opponent the whole match

DSaint site profile image

8/21/10 1:55 PM by DSaint

Did you watch the last TV special on SPIKE to hype the last PPV dude?

NDmmafan site profile image

8/21/10 1:47 PM by NDmmafan

So Brock has beaten Herring, Mir, Couture and Carwin in the UFC and he isn't yet legit? Brock is UFC Heavyweight Champion, and if you count the UFC interim titles, has beaten 3 World Champions.