Scott Ferrozzo: After 15 years,'Tank' rematch will happen

source: thegarv.com

The rumor mill was rife with reports that Tank Abbott has challenged Scott Ferrozzo to a rematch of their first fight, which took place at UFC 11 way back in 1996.  Ferrozzo toughed out a decision in that grueling bout and now, all these years later, it seems that these two behemoths might be going at it once more.  Excited by the prospects of this match, I called Scott and we spoke about the possibility.

TheGARV:  Scott, there are rumors of a rematch between you and Tank.  What's going on?

Scott Ferrozzo:  I got an email from a guy, one of [Tank's] representatives, asking me if there could be a Tank/Ferrozzo 2 and offering me a lot of money.

TG:  Do you know if this guy is legit and actually connected to Tank Abbott?

SF:  Well, Tank Abbott's on the main page of the guy's entertainment website. He's an agent.

TG:  What kind of shape are you in?

SF:  Well, they want to fight on March 11 in LA, so I'm not too worried about it.  I weigh 310 pounds right now.  When I fought Tank I was 355.

TG:  So you've actually slimmed down.

SF:  Oh yeah. Stronger.

TG:  Tank was a monster at the time.

SF:  At the time I fought Tank he was the toughest guy that I ever had to fight.  Now he's gotten older and it's just time to shut the guy up for good.

TG:  So this fight with Tank in March, you're treating it as though it is going to happen, correct?

SF:  I put it on my Facebook and I had 150, 160 emails in an hour.  It's been a long time, lot of people [interested].

Read entire interview...

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

tags: Scott Ferrozzo (detail)  Tank   David Abbott   UFC

TotalFightSource site profile image

8/24/10 9:34 AM by TotalFightSource

close... but I say Tank will win via Gogoplata or flying armbar in the 1st

305-onpoint site profile image

8/24/10 8:26 AM by 305-onpoint

The winner gets a shot at Big Country.

The Elastic Assassin site profile image

8/23/10 4:24 PM by The Elastic Assassin

i'd love to help scott get ready for this fight....

Redneck site profile image

8/23/10 4:14 PM by Redneck

Tank's manager is the same guy that also manages Kimo, and an undefeated prison fighter who wants to fight Lesnar.

Peckerwood site profile image

8/22/10 11:51 AM by Peckerwood

Guys keep in mind that Tank COMPLETELY gasses out in 3-4 minutes every fight. Scott sounds like he is slimmed down quite a bit and I gurantee if he trains for 3 months he will have better cardio than Tank.Remember Tank is an alcoholic and drinks full time. He isn't a full time fighter by any means and has never trained like one. (at least not in years)

Crazy Zimmerman site profile image

8/22/10 11:48 AM by Crazy Zimmerman

This.  Vitor pretty much did the same thing to both of them.  lol

vermonter site profile image

8/22/10 11:37 AM by vermonter

Definitely interested in the first half of the first round, and the first thirty seconds of any subsequent round. I remember how blown away I was when i saw that first fight and watched someone out-Tank Tank. I didn't think it was possible. Plus with added shit talking. Incredible. Just because it wasn't particularly technical or even exciting at times doesn't mean it wasn't a landmark fight. Especially since it did a lot to set up Vitor's excellent career. -doug-

Crazy Zimmerman site profile image

8/22/10 11:23 AM by Crazy Zimmerman

Said he trained with Brett Rogers in 2007 and weighs less now than he did in the UFC.  I think his lifestyle probably has been better than Tank's so he just be the favorite if this happens.

Crazy Zimmerman site profile image

8/22/10 11:21 AM by Crazy Zimmerman

Agreed!

Hey Beer Man site profile image

8/21/10 10:08 PM by Hey Beer Man

I'd watch Tank fight anyone if only for the post fight interview Posted from my mma underground iPhone app