Frank Mir is a vegetarian

source: The Underground

From: Joe Rogan's Profile">Joe Rogan
Member Since: 1/1/01
Posts: 4848

I did an interview with him today, and he surprised me by saying that he's a vegetarian, almost a vegan. He apparently started it a month before the Carwin fight after he read the China study. He said he's been feeling much better, and that it's improved his cardio tremendously.

Kevin James has been following a vegetarian diet for the past 70 days and he's lost 40lbs and is feeling better than he has in years. Talking to him and Frank has really got me thinking about trying it out for a bit, or at least cutting way back on my meat and dairy consumption.

Read entire thread...

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

tags: Joe Rogan   Frank Mir (detail)  UFC

Bobby Lupo site profile image

10/6/10 2:04 PM by Bobby Lupo

Seitan, Lentils, eggs, beans/grain combo, hummus and non fanook soy like tempeh, natto and edamame, raw dairy: cheese, yogurt, milk, cottage cheese, nuts.  It's harder than meat eating, but it can be done.

NorthFromHere site profile image

10/6/10 1:59 PM by NorthFromHere

That is an option, but not a very tempting one. I'd rather eat delicious, unprocessed food than thoroughly processed dairy that generally tastes like crap.

ArthurKnoqOut site profile image

10/6/10 1:46 PM by ArthurKnoqOut

I don't see how Mirko looked good, he was stalking him down but not throwing much. a composed Mir would've taken him.

Kostakio site profile image

10/6/10 9:31 AM by Kostakio

He didn't look good because Mirko looked great (he just got caught).

ArthurKnoqOut site profile image

10/6/10 9:26 AM by ArthurKnoqOut

depends on what kinda meat you actually eat. if you shovel down red meat with every single one of your meals then you are basically FUCKed as we say in the medical field.if you eat lean meat once or twice a day you're taking in a good amount of protein, some healtyh (mostly unsaturated fat) a good amount of calories, enzymes, vitamins, etc.taking meat out completely could be way too hard for some also depending on their lifestyle...for fighters such as Frank it's way easier as they have a controlled eating enviroment. you don't need protein powders either as the plants around us can certainly make up for the lack of protein we take in from meat. albeit, it's a bit harder.I don't think Frank's looked good whatsoever in the Mirko fight so I don't see how this has helped him at all...in fact he looked more explosive and faster in the 2st two Brock fights lol

keepthechange site profile image

10/6/10 9:21 AM by keepthechange

Protein shakes ? stay away from soy... theres nothing hard about it

NorthFromHere site profile image

10/6/10 8:50 AM by NorthFromHere

I think that the most problematic aspect of being a vegetarian man and an athlete is that is quite hard to get enough protein without getting too much of estrogen.

JudOWNED site profile image

10/6/10 8:44 AM by JudOWNED

Linky? My mudnamer search abilities are insufficient. Also, though I haven't cut out dairy entirely, I have reduced the amount of milk I'm drinking to almost none. Also, cutting back on the adult beverages as well.

Moke site profile image