Frank Shamrock blames Dana White for poor image of MMA in NY

by Ray Hui | source: mmafighting.com

"The face of our sport is Dana White and out here in conservative New York, the way people think, bald-headed, tattoo'd, swearing people are just not a good representative of our brand and unfortunately people think that Dana White speaks for MMA, and they're confused," Shamrock said Monday on The MMA Hour. "They don't know he speaks for the UFC. They think he speaks for the entire sport and the entire sport is made up of Dana Whites.

"... I don't think it's all on him, but we're entering a new era of social media and Dana is a very outspoken figure in every way, mostly with the f-bomb and all that. I'm a martial artist. To me, the art is the most important thing. I don't get the same thing from Dana, that's all."

"I don't believe that Dana White is a martial artist. I don't see a martial way that he is following."

"In no uncertain terms, what [New York politicians] have said is, 'The appearance of the sport is something we're not ready for,' and the appearance of the sport is Dana White and the UFC because no one else has been here in the media and explain it and has credibility, who's done it."

"I know what the art is and I'm here to represent it. I think that's all we need. We need a different face."

Read entire article...

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

tags: UFC   Dana White   Frank Shamrock (detail)

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane site profile image

10/19/10 5:29 AM by BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane

Have to agree with a lot of what Frank is saying.

Kr0ndogg site profile image

10/19/10 5:00 AM by Kr0ndogg

apparently having braces in your 30s is the new face of MMA...

Kr0ndogg site profile image

10/19/10 4:59 AM by Kr0ndogg

dana has visible tattoos now all of a sudden?

powerstrike site profile image

10/19/10 4:08 AM by powerstrike

braces can be removed. it's not like he has a big cock tattooed on his chest.

Alder Hiss site profile image

10/19/10 4:02 AM by Alder Hiss

Yeah man, I hear yah...But it's just...those braces, ya know?

rockwell site profile image

10/18/10 11:39 PM by rockwell

That is a fucking superb analogy.

sledhead site profile image

10/18/10 10:24 PM by sledhead

I see the shills syncronized their watches for this one

ZugZug site profile image

10/18/10 10:24 PM by ZugZug

First of all why the fuck would Scott Coker campaign for MMA legalization anywhere? He's not in a position to put on a show anywhere other than where SF goes on right now so any work he did would not only be a complete waste of money it would help the UFC, his main competition.Also I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to a guy who left the UFC on a win streak because of idealistic differences with the organization only to be erased from its history as a punishment. Look carefully, boys and girls, there are many shills on this page. Can you spot them all for a gold star?! :D

SuMBJJ site profile image

10/18/10 10:21 PM by SuMBJJ

I actually agree. Dana comes off as an unprofessional clown. "Do you want to be a fucking fighter?" What the fuck is this? Fight Club?He's always cursing about something, is getting in personal spats with the media, and downplaying other organizations and their fighters... Did you ever hear Paul Tagliabue talk about the XFL, or David Stern mention european leagues? Even after the US started losing internationally? Why even acknowledge them? It just gives them press.Don't get me wrong, they needed a guy like Dana to get the UFC (and MMA in general) to where it is. But to get it to where he wants it to go, which is global... they need to change leadership.If the UFC is the Corleone Family, Dana is Sonny. They need a Michael to take the company into the next decade.

GutturalReef site profile image

10/18/10 10:18 PM by GutturalReef

I personally blame Joe Rogan for not being a company man and watching the competition's televised events....