WEC vet Keith Berry: Herschel Walker is not real, really bad, embarrassing

by Damon Martin | source: mmaweekly.com

Enter Keith “KO Kid” Berry. A WEC and King of the Cage veteran, who is facing former Affliction fighter Brett Cooper this weekend in California, hopes that Strikeforce is listening because he’s got a very simple message

“I’d love to fight Herschel Walker, but they’d probably never give me that fight because they only want to give him the wins,” Berry told MMAWeekly.com.

“I think sometimes Strikeforce they build up these guys like Herschel Walker, like the last fight I saw him in, he fought a guy that was 1-1 and he just looked bad. I just thought he looked really bad, and his hands were so stiff and I just thought if I gave him one good overhand right, he would just go down.”

“Guys like that have a little bit of hype on them and I don’t think he’s a real MMA fighter. He trains at AKA with some good guys, that’s cool, but I don’t think he’s anything special. I saw his fight and it was embarrassing. A regular guy, a journeyman could smash him.”

Read entire article...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Jaco Training Shorts

Jaco Training Shorts

Submission BJJ Belt

Submission BJJ Belt

tags: Strikeforce   Herschel Walker   Brett Cooper

plastekt site profile image

11/23/10 7:46 PM by plastekt

For chrissakes. Just because you're friends with someone doesn't mean you have to defend them to death when they say stupid fucking things.

NHB USA site profile image

11/23/10 7:15 PM by NHB USA

Congrats, you do now!

Nuetraman site profile image

11/23/10 7:02 PM by Nuetraman

who's Keith Berry? ..never heard

EPGScott site profile image

11/23/10 6:41 PM by EPGScott

Who are you and why do you matter? I might as well ask you the same question.I like most people on this thread am a fan and wanted to watch an entertaining fight, nothing wrong with that.As far as talking shit on Apple, I don't believe I did. I believe all I ever did was recap what others said and tried to get a reason on why he acted like he was superior to a fighter and at the same time not fight that fighter. I am starting to see though that Apple will just make excuses to no take the fight. That's too bad though as it would of been a good fight.

EPGScott site profile image

11/23/10 6:36 PM by EPGScott

I believe your friend Cooper did it, why not Apple?You do make a point though

TOWE site profile image

11/23/10 4:16 PM by TOWE

Who the fuck are you and why do you keep talking like you somehow matter in all of this?  Why don't you fight Apple since you keep running your mouth to him on here?

Taz site profile image

11/23/10 3:52 PM by Taz

After weigh INS, Berry would weigh probably over 200 by the time they fight, Apple spear even weigh 185. It is a big difference.

knockoutfighter site profile image

11/23/10 2:55 PM by knockoutfighter

EPGscott, you might as well quit wasting your time bro, it's obvious this fight won't happen.