UFC vet Ciesnolevicz signs with Shine Fights

source: mmajunkie.com

Shine Fights has signed UFC and IFL vet Mike Ciesnolevicz to its roster, officials recently announced.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the 31-year-old is expected to debut at the organization's currently unannounced January show.

Ciesnolevicz brings an 18-4 record to Shine Fights and owns four wins in his past five fights.

The light heavyweight/heavyweight's lone loss during the stretch came at The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale, when he suffered a TKO loss to UFC vet Tomasz Drwal. In his previous bout, he made his UFC debut and scored a heel-hook submission victory over British fighter Neil Grove at UFC 95.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Keith Jardine Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Keith Jardine Action Figure

Moskova M2 Boxer Brief

Moskova M2 Boxer Brief

tags: Mike Cieznolevicz   Shine

TBidness site profile image

11/27/10 12:24 PM by TBidness

ttt

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ site profile image

11/25/10 10:20 PM by MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ

Been here 3 wks bro, live in Henderson a few mins from galleria mall. Training at Sergio penhas BJJ, One kicks for standup. Training with Bonnar, Schoenaur, Cantwell. I feel happy with my training situation, lots of tough guys at both gyms.

kidpresentable site profile image

11/25/10 5:11 PM by kidpresentable

ttt for MIke C

John Gunderson site profile image

11/25/10 4:28 PM by John Gunderson

Mike, what up did you move out here to Vegas? I'm fighting in Costa Rica Dec. 19th Hermes Franca and Alberto Crane are also on the same card. So it should be good. Good luck in your fight bro.

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ site profile image

11/25/10 4:11 PM by MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ

MFC is a great organization. Mark Pavelich gets a bad rep at times but I like him and his family personally. My gf is Canadan, only a few hrs from MFC. It would have been cool so her family/friends could see me compete live. I like the 225 lb catchweight cruiserweight fights best. Maybe in the future if we could workout a deal. I'm focused on being part of the Shine family right now!

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ site profile image

11/25/10 4:05 PM by MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ

Thanks bro! I don't wanna talk about the specifics of the Shine deal yet but I believe in them. Jason Chambers was a fighter, I can relate to that. He knows what's up and what it's like.

RickMartelsArrogance site profile image

11/25/10 3:32 PM by RickMartelsArrogance

Mike C vs Glover Teixeira @ 205 would kick ass too!

RickMartelsArrogance site profile image

11/25/10 3:31 PM by RickMartelsArrogance

I hear ya, I just found it weird because Shine has screwed some people over in the recent past. Is your deal with Shine exclusive? I read recently that MFC is looking into starting to book heavies (are you planning on fighting HW in the future or sticking with LHW?).  I'd love to see a Mike C vs Todd Duffee matchup @ 265 whether it's in Shine, MFC, or wherever as long as its televised. I've been a fan of yours since the IFL  days and am still pissed Zuffa cut you after the Drwal loss because you missed weight yet they keep habitual weight missers like Alves and Rumble around.

Jweinberg site profile image

11/25/10 3:25 PM by Jweinberg

Best of luck to mike c- what weight?

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ site profile image

11/25/10 2:39 PM by MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ

Thanks Jason, looking fwd to working with you guys! Hope all is well!

MMA apparel and training equipment
BLACK FRIDAY