Joe Rogan addresses controversy with reporter and slur

source: The Underground

From: Joe Rogan
Posted: 2 hours ago
Member Since: 1/1/01
Posts: 4980

This is a video from my podcast discussing all this shit that went down with Rios, and the grand distraction of focusing on my use of the word "faggot." For the record and in the interest of full disclosure, when I said in the last thread that I "got rios fired" mostly I was just fucking with his head. Whatever happens to that guy is entirely of his own doing and based entirely on his douchey behavior and his cunty writing. Whoever I was or wasn't talking with about this, there's no way I could have or would have gotten anyone to fire him if he wasn't clearly a piece of shit. It really had nothing to do with me pulling any favors or instructing anyone on what to do. Although I really do enjoy tossing around the word "faggot," it's so clearly an illogical hot-button word of offense to some people that I think I'm just going to stop using it all together. This whole distraction could have been avoided, and I could have expressed my exact same intent if I had referred to him as a "weak bitch" or any number of other insults that I think accurately describe his writing and his shitty personality. When I call someone a "faggot" it has nothing to do with their sexual preference, but try convincing some offended gay person that. In this ultra-sensitive world we live in that word is just too much of a liability, so I'm going to retire it from my vernacular. At least the last time I used it I couldn't have found a more worthy target.

read entire thread...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

TapouT Infant Girls Logo Socks 2-Pack

TapouT Infant Girls Logo Socks 2-Pack

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

tags: Joe Rogan   video

Wasa-B site profile image

11/26/10 4:44 PM by Wasa-B

"it's so clearly an illogical hot-button word"- Glad we can agree to think that it being a "hot-button word" being "illogical" was, in fact, illogical to begin with.

Wasa-B site profile image

11/26/10 4:44 PM by Wasa-B

Kro site profile image

11/26/10 3:59 PM by Kro

That was never cool, you silly faggot.

Kro site profile image

11/26/10 3:59 PM by Kro

That was never cool, you silly faggot.

96speed site profile image

11/26/10 1:12 PM by 96speed

Good interview/podcast, Joe. This Rios guy is a real foul ball.FWIW, CIA, BBC, BBB, would be considered an abbreviation, not an acronym such as NASA, SEAL, etc.Ryan

96speed site profile image

11/26/10 1:12 PM by 96speed

Zamiel site profile image

11/26/10 1:05 PM by Zamiel

Joe- So you're throwing in the towel on keeping faggot from becoming another one of "those words" you're not allowed to say?? I don't think we can do this without you!

Zamiel site profile image

11/26/10 1:05 PM by Zamiel

John Nic site profile image

11/26/10 10:54 AM by John Nic

its time to accept people for who they are, and with acceptance comes not descriminating against them with words such as faggot or the 'N word'.when i meet someone that doesn't like gays for X reason and has an opinion on them, I instantly dont even want to talk to them because I cant respect their opinion on anything else.. especially religious people that hate gays due to religious beliefs.HAWLA

John Nic site profile image

11/26/10 10:54 AM by John Nic

MMA apparel and training equipment
MMA clothing and gear