Ciesnolevicz calls out Pat Militech's 'old-ass'

by Kalin Johnston | source: thegarv.com

KALIN: You of course have trained quite a bit under the legendary Pat Miletich.  What all has he done for you not just in the world of MMA, but outside of it as well?

MIKE: Not too much really. I would actually like to call Pat Miletich's old ass out to fight me in MMA. I will come down to 185 for this fight even.  What do you say Miletich?

KALIN: The UFC has always brought past fighters back after they have went out and showed they can put together good winning streaks.  After your latest submission win, do you feel a potential win over Rolles or another big name would be enough to get you back to the big show?

MIKE: I don't know man. I don't know anymore. Maybe I will retire from fighting soon. I have spent 7 years living the dream of fighting professionally and years before that trying to get there and what do I have to show for it? People at the grocery store or mall will recognize me once in a while, but it’s few and far between. They think I’m awesome because i fought in the UFC, but i have nothing to show for it, just memories of IFL, UFC, etc.  Fighting is a tough sport; there is no real stability. One day you have a bunch of money, the next day you have none. You live fight to fight.  There are only a handful of guys who make the amount of money needed to be able to live the rest of their life with no worries. At some point i have to ask myself if it’s still worth it.

read entire interview...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Tatami Multi Flex NO GI Fight Shorts

Tatami Multi Flex NO GI Fight Shorts

RyannVonDoom site profile image

12/18/10 11:43 PM by RyannVonDoom

I've had the honor of talking to mike a few times.. He's a good dude and Nothing but a pleasure to talk to. More should be like him.

RyannVonDoom site profile image

12/18/10 11:43 PM by RyannVonDoom

Crazy Zimmerman site profile image

12/18/10 11:33 PM by Crazy Zimmerman

*Eye fucks Mike* no homo

Crazy Zimmerman site profile image

12/18/10 11:33 PM by Crazy Zimmerman

*Eye fucks Mike* no homo

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ site profile image

12/18/10 11:30 PM by MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ

Thanks again everyone! CindyO I hope you are doing well and everything is ok! To everyone else, look for me at the next televised Strikeforce event jumping somebody.

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ site profile image

12/18/10 11:30 PM by MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ

KahL site profile image

12/16/10 7:27 PM by KahL

Mike, getting a chance to talk to you for a bit a short while back, I think your honesty is something that's pretty rare in this sport and many others.Unless there's a hook of some sort that makes an instant sell, I've seen first hand just how hard it is for a fighter to make a living off of this without a 9-5 to support. Or take up time. It's very VERY hard and I commend you for doing that interview for us all.PM me bro. I may have a small idea that can help out.

KahL site profile image