Palhares: 'It’ll be weird' to fight friend Cacareco

by Eduardo Ferreira | source: tatame.com

“The boss told us to fight, so we’ll have to do it, but I don’t like facing a Brazilian, specially when it’s a friend of mine, like Cacareco."

“It’ll be weird to see him on the other side of the octagon ready to fight me. We’ve trained together for many time, we’ve helped each other a lot… I really like him, I consider him a good friend and training partner. As I see it, it won’t change our friendship one bit, and I hope he sees it that way too."

“I don’t know how it’ll be like, but we both will going for the ground game”.

BTT co founder Murilo Bustamante was firm when he said: “I don’t worry about it, I just go there and fight”.

Read entire article...

Palhares and Cacareco were training partners at Brazilian Top Team.The latter is now a member of Chute Boxe. The two meet at UFC on Versus 3 on March 3 in Louisville, Kentucky. Both fighters are coming off losses; another loss could lead to being cut by the UFC.

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

tripped_on_a_left_hook site profile image

1/6/11 3:30 PM by tripped_on_a_left_hook

Dana's giving us the return of the BTT vs Chute Boxe rivalry, this time with a creonte flavor.

Wasa-B site profile image

1/6/11 1:27 PM by Wasa-B

how has cacareco been doing of late, i know he's been out there for a while...

HELWIG site profile image

1/5/11 9:31 PM by HELWIG

cacareco has a ton of hype coming into the UFC and has been eating people's lunch

ds1970 site profile image

1/5/11 8:48 PM by ds1970

I would love to see Palhares take one of Sonnen's legs.

eliwoo site profile image

1/5/11 8:45 PM by eliwoo

For some reason I read that as "It’ll be weird to fight FRIED Cacareco". Wierd.

CRE site profile image

1/5/11 8:39 PM by CRE

Yeah he looked a bit hesitant and slow out there, no doubt it's a combination of friendship and Franklin being a threat. In a sense I didn't get the feeling Hamill wanted to beat Franklin. Definitely fought different vs. Tito, at one point I was kinda thinking damn he doesn't like Tito that much or something compared to Franklin, but it was a mindset or mentality he carried with him for sure. Hamill is very good, people forget he scored a headkick KO over Munoz.

OneSidedWar site profile image

1/5/11 8:37 PM by OneSidedWar

This makes me nervous. Palhares isn't a "fireplug" when it comes to excitement....Couple that with fighting a friend and you have the start of a 3rd snooze fest.

RickMartelsArrogance site profile image

1/5/11 8:27 PM by RickMartelsArrogance

I've talked to Matt about that before the Tito fight. He really looks up to Rich, he says he considers Rich almost like an older cousin who shows you the ropes when you have no big brother and that he made the mistake of not forgetting about their relationship throughout training camp which led to him not being able to shake it out of his mind during the fight.  To be honest though, Matt was so green at the time I don't think it would have helped much even if he could have. Tito sure helped Matt w/ that one w/ all the dumb stuff he said about the entire deaf community.  Matt carries the entire deaf wrestling community and most of the whole deaf athletic community on his shoulders and always tries to treat them right.. which included beating down Tito!

Wasa-B site profile image

1/5/11 8:20 PM by Wasa-B

paul harris should get phael when he's out of jael

mata_leao site profile image

1/5/11 6:58 PM by mata_leao

This is a bittersweet fight for me, these are my two favorite fighters in UFC's MW division, I think stylistically, it should be an incredible fight with leg lock attempts galore, but I'm going to hate seeing either guy get another loss on their record.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!