Krazy Horse gives his side of '05 Chute Boxe melee

source: joeshowradio.com

Charles Bennett aka Krazy Horse aka Kid Khaos tells his side of the story concerning the Chute Boxe fight backstage at Pride Shockwave 2005:

Allegedly Chute Boxe actually stole the video from the Japanese and edited it themselves.

Charles says that Wanderlei is the one kicking at his feet at the end of the video. When Charles got up he grabbed his jacket and popped Wanderlei on the chin knocking him out.

The entire interview can be heard below:

For his part, Cristiano recently addressed the altercation himself:

"I don't use that fight for personal marketing since in my career, as a coach and fighter, I'm very professional in my success. My attitude was to try to educate Krazy Horse, and show that he should respect everyone. I am a firm advocate for all the elements of MMA, and am a firm believer that every relevant style makes an important contribution to fighting. I have always had an open mind to fighting, and that is why I was one of the first BJJ fighters to teach at Chute Boxe. In that particular fight which was more like a street fight, BJJ was the best form of self-defense. As for Krazy Horse's trash talk, I am more than happy to fight him again but this time in a cage with a purse at stake. All questions can be laid to rest with a proper sanctioned fight."

Read entire interview...

Venum Wanderlei Silva \

Venum Wanderlei Silva "Wand Shadow" Fight Shorts

Venum Wand Team TUF Brazil Shirt

Venum Wand Team TUF Brazil Shirt

Winston Wolf site profile image

1/16/11 12:46 PM by Winston Wolf

i was going to say the same thing .

Scrappy Rogacki site profile image

1/16/11 9:50 AM by Scrappy Rogacki

I can believe this. Explains the editing and explains why KH made it out alive.

drewsiph site profile image

1/16/11 9:31 AM by drewsiph

The person "kick at his feet at the end of the video" is wearing tight grey pants.Wanderlie is wearing lose white pants in the video. You can see where he is standing for a moment... but then he's not near them.

nopolian2 site profile image

1/16/11 9:23 AM by nopolian2

I think Mr Horse was still in lala land cause the guy kicking at his feet had on grey pants and the jacket and you can see Wand has on white pants and a sweatshirt...I guess thats why he is Krazy...jackass

MMA Translations site profile image

1/16/11 6:36 AM by MMA Translations

I always thought there was some visible damage on Wandy's face, and they said in the PRIDE Secret Files book that there was such damage, but I just watched the ring entrances, Brazilian anthem and first minute of the fight and didn't see anything. I really do wonder where they got their info from. The section in the book starts by saying "You might have seen the youtube video..."  I'm sorry to be vague, but as the person that translated the book, I got a weird feeling from that section. Like they weren't going to their usual sources to get the info (their sources being the who's who of JP MMA, the staff, the insiders, the whole MMA world is an open book to them), but had to rely on third parties and public user content websites and such. Maybe the only one that truly knows is whoever had the original video shot, whether that still exists or not...

Squatdog site profile image

1/15/11 6:27 PM by Squatdog

Basically, Krazy Horse is full of shit.He originally didn't even mention being triangled unconscious one-on-one while the rest of the Chute Boxe team stood aside and didn't jump in.

Porradeiro site profile image

1/15/11 6:23 PM by Porradeiro

according to what Krazy Horse says at 4:05 ("one fight I lost, one fight I won") in the interview, he already concedes that he lost that fight against Cristiano Marcello. don't you think if there was any "guilt" by Chute Boxe during his scuffle with Marcello, Krazy Horse would've mentioned it in the interview to justify getting choked out?? he wouldn't have conceded defeat had one of the Chute Boxe guys somehow got in the way.

Porradeiro site profile image

1/15/11 6:21 PM by Porradeiro

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle site profile image

1/15/11 6:12 PM by Teenage mutant lesnar turtle

4later

lars_schifinkter site profile image

1/15/11 5:47 PM by lars_schifinkter

100% correct. They would have put a serious serious stomping on KH. At the least a stay in the hospital for a few weeks afterwards.