Herschel Walker gets second pro win via TKO over Scott Carson

source: mmamania.com

Herschel Walker came into his second professional mixed martial arts fight with something to prove to all the doubters. And he did just that, walking right through Scott Carson at Strikeforce: "Diaz vs Cyborg" with a dominant first round knockout.

Unfortunately, much of the talk leading into the contest was not about how the former Heisman Trophy winner would do once he stepped in the cage. Instead, it was concentrated on an off-hand remark about a comeback to pro football at the ripe old age of 48.

Walker made it clear tonight that fighting, not toting the pigskin, is his future ... for now.

Herschel Walker Vs. Scott Carson
Fight was scheduled for 3 rounds (5x5x5)
Name Herschel Walker Herschel Walker

MMAWarehouse Logo Hat

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Frank Mir Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Frank Mir Action Figure

tags: Herschel Walker   Scott Carson   NFL   Strikeforce

HungAlpha site profile image

1/31/11 9:12 AM by HungAlpha

I've heard that from people before.  I quite often get the Miller bros confused!

KingstonHawke site profile image

1/31/11 1:16 AM by KingstonHawke

@HungAlpha... you're right, my fault. My memory is visual, so I always add shit that Nate has done to Nick's history. @MrGoodBar... they had no mention of Diaz or any of the other "real" fighters did they? lol

KingstonHawke site profile image

1/31/11 1:16 AM by KingstonHawke

HungAlpha site profile image

1/30/11 8:55 PM by HungAlpha

Nick Diaz was never on TUF.

mrgoodarmbar site profile image

1/30/11 8:03 PM by mrgoodarmbar

ABC local news in Boston just showed a clip of the Walker fight in theirs sports segment...

Jambo888 site profile image

1/30/11 4:18 PM by Jambo888

exactly... build the brand. most Americans know NFL stars

KingstonHawke site profile image

1/30/11 4:13 PM by KingstonHawke

Actually I do think that people just watch the Walker fight and then turn the channel. It's not like it's something that they had to order, either you had Showtime already or you didn't. It's like ALL boxing cards. How many of you can tell me who Ward fought on the Mayweather card without googling it??? I'm a fan of boxing, and I still usually just watch the main event on fight night. People watch who they are given reason to watch. People watch UFC full cards because UFC promotes sooooo many different fighters. As bad as Pat Barry has looked his last 2 fights, people still want to watch him because they know about him. Nobody outside of hardcore fans has learned shit about Diaz since he's been with Strikeforce. He's still eating off of the fans he made from TUF. Also, stop telling me Walker looked great. It was a snoozefest in my opinion, since I value technique, and Walker and Carson both have none. Yes, he's athletic, but that's it. His footwork was horrible, his defense was non-existent. His striking is garbage, and his grapplng was equally bad. You let the can kick you in the head, and then have your leg for like 15 seconds??? Walker could be very good for the sport, but not if he is being heavily promoted in place of quality fighters. I say give Walker an athletic fighter who is near 220 and 2-0 next. Use Walker's popularity to launch a young fighters career. That is what would benefit the sport. Not pitting a bad fighter against a worse fighter, and promoting it more than you promoted Diaz.

KingstonHawke site profile image

1/30/11 4:13 PM by KingstonHawke

knockoutfighter site profile image

1/30/11 3:27 PM by knockoutfighter

kokid951 site profile image

1/30/11 3:17 PM by kokid951

Congrats to walker looks like he's improved alot

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!