Wanderlei calls out Belfort for rematch

by Guilherme Cruz | source: tatame.com

Wanderlei Silva challenges Vitor Belfort: “Where are you running to?"

When UFC came to Brazil for the first time, in 1998, Wanderlei Silva debuted on the event, but was defeated by Vitor Belfort. After that fight, Wanderlei reached the top of the world on Pride, but never got his rematch.

With Vitor’s loss to Anderson Silva, on UFC 126, “The Axe Murderer” proposed the challenge, on a phone talk with TATAME. “And now, where are you running to?”, asked Wanderlei. “I’d give him the number one (place in line to fight me) easily, I’m challenging him … I want him”.

It’s up to you, Dana White and Joe Silva.

Read entier article...

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

RVCA Belfort Flag Shirt

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

Randoosky site profile image

2/11/11 9:35 PM by Randoosky

K-dub, I'm definitely wrong that it "looks" like he's ducking Stann? I didn't make definitive statement so I couldn't be "definitely" wrong. I didn't say "Wand IS a chicken shit that's ducking Stann." THAT would be a stupid definitive statement. I said that it LOOKS like he is ducking Stann, not that he absolutely was. And come up with something constructive to say that could help prove your point. Don't just say "yeah you're definitely wrong." It makes you seem very simple minded. Hopefully you'll learn something from this.

ChokeEmOut site profile image

2/11/11 5:06 PM by ChokeEmOut

lol @ Wand turning down a fight with Vitor in the Pride days.

hellride site profile image

2/11/11 4:58 PM by hellride

this ^

K-Dub-

2/11/11 4:52 PM by K-Dub-"T"

Yeah you're definitely wrong.

Randoosky site profile image

2/11/11 4:45 PM by Randoosky

It's really starting to look like Wand is trying to duck Stann. First he doesn't want to fight him because he says people wouldn't like him (which doesn't make any sense, people will always like Wand regardless), then after DFW sets the fight up anyway Wand says that he won't be healthy enough by that time to fight (nearly 4 whole months away), now he's trying to call out Belfort for a fight. I don't know what the deal is with Wand right now, but it doesn't seem like he has the same fire he used to have for fighting. He's trying to play matchmaker too much, he used to be the type that would fight anyone at anytime. Now he's making it look like he's ducking Stann. I could be wrong obviously, but that's the way it's looking.

Izzy site profile image

2/11/11 4:37 PM by Izzy

+2 Voted up!

JimmersonzGlove site profile image

2/11/11 4:35 PM by JimmersonzGlove

So bummed they didn't do a rematch in the first round of the 2005 MW GP.

K-Dub-

2/11/11 4:29 PM by K-Dub-"T"

Exactly. He was calling for this fight BEFORE Vitor signed for the Anderson fight. There's a video around somewhere...

Anomonis site profile image

2/11/11 4:29 PM by Anomonis

I like Wanderlei but I don't think he gets by Stann even. Belfort would also beat him IMO, less battleworn. Stann looked vicious against Leben and Leben is a tough dude.

glupe site profile image

2/11/11 4:27 PM by glupe

I'd rather see him fight Vitor or Leben, at least we're guaranteed a war. It doesn't make sense to me to have Wandy, who everyone knows is out of his prime, to fight someone who is in his prime (Stann), thus why I think Vitor or Leben would be a better match up for Wand.