Tim Credeur talks cancer scare

by E. Spencer Kyte | source: heavy.com

This is Credeur’s story.

Three or four weeks prior to facing Lawlor, Credeur underwent a brain scan.

“I don’t know if my brain scan was up or they needed me to take one because I was fighting in Canada or something like that. Two or three days later, the doctor calls and says, `You’ve gotta come to my office.’ When I asked why, he said, `I’ll tell you when you get here;’ needless to say, that was a little nerve-wracking.

“So I rushed over and they told me that they found an anomaly in my brain, and they did not know what it was.”

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

tags: Tim Credeur (detail)  UFC

Bill Pharoni site profile image

2/23/11 2:57 PM by Bill Pharoni

mkou site profile image

2/23/11 2:53 PM by mkou

The emotional overdrive of first hearing that you possibly have a fatal brain tumor and next your wife calls and tells you she's pregnant. *shivers*He comes off as a very good guy. His fight with Quarry was tremendous. I remember shouting to the TV as I had money on Quarry and he was getting his ass kicked early IIRC.

demonbasketball04 site profile image

2/23/11 2:46 PM by demonbasketball04

Fuckin CLASS, how does it work?!WAR CREDUER!!!

GodSaveTheQueen site profile image

2/23/11 2:09 PM by GodSaveTheQueen

Creduer is a good guy. Game as a mofo.

dnwsr site profile image

2/23/11 2:07 PM by dnwsr

Nice article. Tim's a good guy and an exciting fighter. It'll be nice to see him back in the cage.

Tom Lawlor site profile image

2/23/11 2:07 PM by Tom Lawlor

Credeur personally called me and continually apologized to me on the phone for having to cancel his participation in the fight. I couldn't believe that someone who was just given potentially horrible news felt bad about something so trivial as having to pull-out of a fight.... I think that speaks volumes about what kind of a guy he is, a true fighter in every sense of the word. Very glad to see him fighting again this summer!

JiuJitsuBeans site profile image

2/23/11 1:59 PM by JiuJitsuBeans

Really scary, I have a lot of respect for Credeur's fighting style and how he presents himself as a person. I wanna see this guy succeed.

romophobia site profile image

2/23/11 1:21 PM by romophobia

Great article by HEAVY... That must have been scary.