Coach: Nick Diaz to quit MMA and box Fernando Vargas?

source: hd.net

Nick Diaz:
"They don't have anybody else for me to fight now. I'm better than all these guys they have. The guys they have ranked above me, I'm sure they don't want to fight me. I don't see much of a future in this sport for me. Especially if there's not a whole shitload of money going on. I'm signed into some contract that I don't know anything about. I don't know anything about that shit, I got a manager.

"All I know is that my life's a living hell, full of training, grueling exercise, training everyday, cater to everybody else and not worry about myself sort of thing."

Cesar Gracie:
"We're looking at a big name (in boxing). We're looking at some guys (with) name recognition. Maybe not the top guy in the world necessarily but someone that the public knows. I'd love Vargas to get in there with him, Fernando Vargas. They've contacted him and he's very interested. We've actually signed on the dotted line for that fight ourselves, and we're waiting for him now. It's on already, we've already signed for it. We're looking at September, October for something like that and we're just waiting for their camp now."

Metal Mulisha Split Shirt

Metal Mulisha Split Shirt

Metal Mulisha Hidden Shirt

Metal Mulisha Hidden Shirt

tags: Strikeforce   Nick Diaz (detail)  video

DKielbasa site profile image

4/16/11 1:30 PM by DKielbasa

Vargas has been shot for 5 years. Circus act.

FSMA site profile image

4/15/11 12:27 PM by FSMA

Diaz is looking for a way out. He knows that he can't hang with the top guys in the UFC.

crazygrimreaper site profile image

4/15/11 12:23 PM by crazygrimreaper

LOL diaz was getting pick apart by cyborg for christ sake. If he fights anyone in the top 20 he is getting beat fact.

SinCityHustler site profile image

4/15/11 12:09 PM by SinCityHustler

You don't really believe that Vargas is at championship level, do you???

PUML Clothing site profile image

4/15/11 1:18 AM by PUML Clothing

don't think he's trying to prove anything, I think he's just looking for money hope he sticks with MMA, his bjj is too good to waste on boxing

YouCantHandleMyRiddum site profile image

4/15/11 1:05 AM by YouCantHandleMyRiddum

Diaz almost beat by Daley. Dude got dropped twice. Daley is the only guy close to a top 10 opponent he's fought in the past 10 fights, are you kidding me? The Diaz hype is ridiculous. To me he's like Gatti (God rest his soul), an exciting fighter against mid and lower tier competition, but a fighter who would get schooled by top fighters.Name me one outstanding or impressive fighter he's fought recently... Let's see his past 10 opponents:Paul DaleyCyborg SantosK.J. NoonsHayato SakuraiMarius ┼ŻaromskisScott SmithFrank ShamrockThomas DennyMuhsin CorbbreyKatsuya InoueCome on bro.

Addo site profile image

4/15/11 12:28 AM by Addo

I love watching Nick Diaz fight, and while his attitude can be entertaining, i think he takes alot for granted and im getting kind of tired of hearing him do nothing but bitch about stuff. Unless you ask him about triathlons.

MIsoldier site profile image

4/15/11 12:23 AM by MIsoldier

Are you serious? Diaz has never faced anyone remotely as good in the striking department as Vargas. If you claim Daley then that shows me how you don't know shit. Tell me what championships Daley has won. Diaz is feather fisted in 4 oz gloves genius, in regular boxing gloves Vargas with literally walk through his punches and destroy him.Vargas by 1st or 2nd rd KO. You have my vote for stupidest post of the year.

Salt the Snail site profile image

4/14/11 11:19 PM by Salt the Snail

I love watching Nick Diaz but he belongs in MMA. What is he trying to proove by fighting an over the hill boxer. He should be working onhis takedown defense not his boxing.

choadler site profile image

4/14/11 11:19 PM by choadler

Look at the posters name. Spells out why he feels that way. For what it is worth, does Diaz have better standup than Serra? Big yes. Standup includes both punching power as well as chin.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!