Josh Barnett promoting Japan benefit concert in W Hollywood on 5/28

I am Throwing A Benefit Concert For Japan, 5/26

From: Josh Barnett's Stats">Josh Barnett
Member Since: 1/1/01
Posts: 248
Ignore | Quote | Edit | Warn Admin | Vote Down | Vote Up | Delete Post

Hey everyone,

Everyone by now is aware of the the recent devastation suffered by Japan and it's people from the earthquakes, tsunami and even radiation issues. As someone who has been working and even sometimes living in Japan I felt compelled to try and help in whatever way I could. One phone call and small idea turned into many and a big concert at the House of Blues in Hollywood, "The Sun Forever Rising". The media may have moved on to royal weddings and celebrity gossip but I and others haven't forgotten about those still struggling across the Pacific.

Many great people have come together to help make this a reality and I am very proud to present not only an amazing show but all for a great cause. The Red Cross has given me their endorsement and all the net proceeds will be going to them. Every single cent I can raise I want to put to use to help a country mend it's wounds.

Being as metal as I am, a heavy metal concert just made the most sense! Headlining will be All Shall Perish with Animals As Leaders, Cattle Decapitation, Abysmal Dawn, Internal Corrosion, and Thrown Into Exile.

If you can, please come out, show your support and rock out with us. If not then you can still help by donating to the Red Cross and donating to "Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami"

Josh Barnett Presents:
The Sun Forever Rising with All Shall Perish
Benefit Concert

Sincerely,

Josh Barnett

The Sun Forever Rising: A Benefit for Japan with All Shall Perish

Read entire thread...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

tags: Josh Barnett (detail)

Jake88 site profile image

6/1/11 5:45 AM by Jake88

Lol damn I bet it was awesome to party and mosh with Josh Barnett! Sounds like the concert was off the chain!

chuckles1 site profile image

5/26/11 11:40 PM by chuckles1

I'm here. Shit's crazy. Internal corrosion just got done playing and Josh Barnett started a mosh pit. It was crazy but no one died.

BrCutter site profile image

5/26/11 11:03 PM by BrCutter

Donation made.  Wish I could go to the concert, my kind of music, but on the other side of the country.  I gave the fokr's a pint a blood too at the local elementary school!  I've never done that before.  Lot of bad stuff happening here with the tornado's and it's scary seeing how low blood supplies are (there's a chart on the red cross site showing 1-3 day supplies in a lot of places).   Best of luck with the concert and thanks for putting this together.  Good man.   quick edit, sorry!  if you do donate blood, make an appt through the site or you may not be able to do it.  I got turned away once, but went and registered and did it another day.

chad savage site profile image

5/26/11 8:20 PM by chad savage

Great opportunity to support if you havent already

chad savage site profile image

5/26/11 8:20 PM by chad savage

Great opportunity to support if you havent already

chad savage site profile image

5/26/11 8:20 PM by chad savage

Great opportunity to support if you havent already

LayzieTheSavage site profile image

5/26/11 6:42 PM by LayzieTheSavage

Resting up right now.  it's going to be a long night tonight.

Caligulus site profile image

5/26/11 3:30 PM by Caligulus

i need to move to fucking california already..i'd love to listen to some metal and have josh barnett slam the shit out of me in a pit.well as long as he didnt kill me.

Josh Barnett site profile image

5/26/11 3:54 AM by Josh Barnett

TTT Josh

WoodenPupa site profile image

5/26/11 3:19 AM by WoodenPupa

No Cocteau Twins? wtf...

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!