Conor Huen breaks arm in win

source: mmamania.com

Strikeforce: "Overeem vs. Werdum" last night (June 18) from Dallas, Texas can be characterized quite simply as one of the ugliest events of the year.

There are many reasons for this, from the main event snoozer pitting Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum to K.J. Noons busted up and battered face to Justin Wilcox turn as cyclops.

Adding to the carnage at the American Airlines Center is Conor Heun, who broke his arm in his fight against Mango Almeida, as you can see in the somewhat gruesome picture above, thanks to Tracy Lee for Yahoo! Sports.

The kicker? Heun actually fought through his injury and went on to take a unanimous decision win on scores of 29-28 across the board. There are some folks that totally disagree with the decision but no one can question the grit and toughness exhibited by "Hurricane" in this fight.

Read entire article...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

Hayabusa Tokushu 4oz MMA Gloves

Hayabusa Tokushu 4oz MMA Gloves

quick6gordon site profile image

7/8/11 8:55 AM by quick6gordon

I used to hate on fighters like Palhares or Aoki for holding submissions too long. But with fighters like Heun it makes it difficult to do anything about it.

Sublime7SD site profile image

6/21/11 7:39 PM by Sublime7SD

New sharpest elbows in MMA, move over KenFlo.

Aces Wild site profile image

6/21/11 7:37 PM by Aces Wild

PURE HEART

NKTKDace site profile image

6/21/11 6:00 PM by NKTKDace

Conor let me officially apologize to you for the fact that you actually have to fuckin pick between a broken arm and maybe your job. I know business is business but that is still fucking lame.Now I completely understand why you didn't tap and risked what you did.Serious SERIOUS respect man.

carcaju site profile image

6/21/11 4:40 PM by carcaju

Congratulations on such a gutsy win and to both of you guys for putting on such an exciting fight.Speedy recovery fren.

Conor Heun site profile image

6/21/11 2:41 PM by Conor Heun

it is to the best of my knowledge and the link is on my wall, it's easy to find.

HexRei site profile image

6/21/11 2:35 PM by HexRei

you should make your fb viewable by non-friends then

Conor Heun site profile image

6/21/11 2:28 PM by Conor Heun

Willin: look harder bro, it's on my facebook page for one. blueheron: sorry i ruined the fights for your lady.

blueheron20816 site profile image

6/21/11 2:12 PM by blueheron20816

Serious props man, that was some gritty shit, definitely have a new fan in me.On the other hand, I think my girlfriend is scarred for life, totally freaked her out. She was sitting there screaming "WHY ISNT HE TAPPING. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE REF!!!???" haha Not gonna be easy to convince her that the UFC is a good idea on saturday nights anymore so thanks a lot asshole lol

Willin site profile image

6/21/11 2:12 PM by Willin

I've looked for this fight but can't find it. The Gracie breakdown made it seem exciting though!