Stevenson on Vasquez: I really will break something if I get the chance

by Mike Chiappetta | source: mmafighting.com

"I knew he was going to do that before," Stevenson said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "He trains with a lot of the same people I train with back at home. It's something I knew he was going to try to do. But I think he messed up. Rather than being a mind game, it became personal. I really will break something if I get the chance."

Stevenson says part of his anger comes from his own personal situation. In addition to the doctored photos floating around online, he also has the weight of a three-fight losing streak on his back. In addition to that, he's cutting to 145 pounds for the first time.

"My intensity picked up," he said. "Probably what you'll notice in this fight is hatred. A lot of times when I fight someone I'm smiling. Generally, I'm in a good mood and trying to be happy. But trying to maintain this weight down here and training extra hard to be here, and losing three fights in a row has definitely made me angry."

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

Century Official UFC Fight Gloves

tags: Joe Stevenson (detail)  Javier Vasquez   UFC

redneckbjj site profile image

6/22/11 3:05 AM by redneckbjj

WAR Joe Daddy

wreckker site profile image

6/22/11 2:57 AM by wreckker

joe is a great grappler but has SLOW hands... he gives up to much reach and speed. on the ground boith guys are excellent..but Javi wins in the feet with speed

Billy Butcher site profile image

6/21/11 10:11 PM by Billy Butcher

Dany Castillo a force at 155...I'll believe it when I see it. He was brought in to get beat up by Stevenson.Stevenson could have dominated the third round against G-Sot and he still would have lost that fight.Lol at comparing the 155 division to 145. You've got Jose Aldo and...Oh, and you're still doing the whole 10er thing. You're certainly a clever one.

covh14514 site profile image

6/21/11 9:22 PM by covh14514

"But I always root for any man who loves his kids as much as Joe Daddy does"I guess that means you root for almost every fighter. It must be tough watching fights when you dont want to see either guy lose. Does Javi not like his kids?

Aces Wild site profile image

6/21/11 8:55 PM by Aces Wild

LMAO at easier fights at 145. Who would you rather fight, Frank Edgar or Jose Aldo? Thank you.Stevenson said that dieting ALONE has brought him down to 154, so he's only 9 pounds out and hasn't even BEGUN cutting weight!10ers gunna 10.

orcus site profile image

6/21/11 2:32 PM by orcus

Would love to see Joe bring back the devastating GnP he used against Yves and Fisher.

kungfugrip site profile image

6/21/11 2:08 PM by kungfugrip

This easily could have been a king of the cage match a few years back!

Kbox site profile image

6/21/11 1:33 PM by Kbox

he's going to break his ufc contract when he gets fired for losing :pnah j/k i was a fan of his but w/o the dyed white hair its just not the same

Kbox site profile image

6/21/11 1:33 PM by Kbox

McLeod site profile image

6/21/11 1:26 PM by McLeod

I like Javi. Think his style is exciting. But I always root for any man who loves his kids as much as Joe Daddy does. I would not want to see him get cut.