Kansas AC changes Rosholt DQ to NC

by Steven Marrocco | source: mmajunkie.com

At Titan Fighting Championship 18 on Friday, May 27, Jake Rosholt was disqualified in his fight against John Ott for a knee to the head of a downed opponent late in the third round, a foul under the Unified Rules. Rosholt appealed the decision, maintaining his stance that the knee was an accidental foul.

Rosholt said of Itt "You know, do I think he (milked it)? Yeah, I think he did. Can I judge him or is it my place to judge him about what he did? No. It was his own decision. If he was hurt that bad, he was hurt that bad, but I sure think that he played it up a little bit. I don't understand how you can watch the video and not think that he did. The guy popped right back up, walked to the center, threw his thumbs up, the ref comes back over to him and says it was an illegal knee and he starts getting wobbly. So yeah, I think for sure he played it up a little bit."

Now the Kansas Athletic Commission has changed Jake Rosholt's disqualification loss to John Ott to a no-contest

KAC Boxing Commissioner Troye Blackmon confirmed the change today with MMAjunkie.com and said the decision had been made "a few weeks ago."

Rosholt's manager said it is a just outcome considering the circumstances of the fight.

"Obviously, we'd hoped to get a win," said Ted Ehrhardt of Team Takedown, which reps Rosholt. "But a no-contest is better than a loss, and I think with all the events the way they occurred, I think that's probably the most fair thing that could have been done for both fighters."

Read entire article...

(Knee is at the 5:20 mark)

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

RYU Signature Tee LE

RYU Signature Tee LE

Submission BJJ Belt

Submission BJJ Belt

Mitchimo site profile image

6/22/11 3:28 PM by Mitchimo

ttt

Roidie McDouchebag site profile image

6/22/11 6:21 AM by Roidie McDouchebag

Bad call on the part of the AC, IMO...the knee looked intentional to me.

GriffinQ site profile image

6/22/11 1:58 AM by GriffinQ

I seem to remember everyone(myself included) saying they were new fans of Ott after the Lashley fight when he was ridiculously outsized and took him to a decision. Admiring the kid's heart and determination Looks like we may have spoken to soon, if he's willing to take a win like that...

CODELMJVG site profile image

6/22/11 1:54 AM by CODELMJVG

oooooooooooooo what a shocker now cry some more this shit was really frequent back than.

JBob300 site profile image

6/21/11 8:18 PM by JBob300

getting someone to use an illegal strikes is a tactic against people in MMA now lolthis ott guys a bad actor too.

Daniel Carver site profile image

6/21/11 6:01 PM by Daniel Carver

In other news, Sally Hall is now representing Jake Rosholt.

orcus site profile image

6/21/11 5:56 PM by orcus

Always amazing how guys in Pride etc took knees to the chin rather frequently without slowing down, but if someone is told the knee was illegal, suddenly they're at death's door, even sometimes getting flu-like symptoms of coughs and shakes etc.

CageSide site profile image

6/21/11 5:45 PM by CageSide

yeah, that is not what happened? he had him mounted, separted them to check the damage, and restarted them on the feet. very unlikely jake would not have finnished him if restarted in the correct position.

DSaint site profile image

6/21/11 4:47 PM by DSaint

Have the people saying he was in mount when it was stopped and restarted even seen the fight?

damane08 site profile image

6/21/11 3:52 PM by damane08

delayed reaction imo. apparently it takes about 10 seconds after a hit for you to feel rocked lol