Krazy Horse serious after 22 losses

source: bleacherreport.com

The second of 11 children—all to different fathers—Charles Daniel Bennett II, whose parents were both crack cocaine users, was born into a broken home in Ocala, Florida in the winter of 1979.

After dropping out of high-school, where he starred on his football squad’s defensive line, Bennett, the self-proclaimed “black sheep of his family,” focused his attention on selling narcotics, until the birth of his first child.

“I had a kid—a little boy—and I didn’t want to be selling dope and taking care of a kid. I knew the risk was too much and I wouldn’t be able to take it if I had to be locked up and be away from my son,” said Bennett in an exclusive interview with Ed Kapp.

“I quit selling dope and started fighting fulltime, but I never took is seriously—it was just that I was good at it, so I felt that I didn’t have to train.”

“When I was in the county jail, a lot of officers and motherf------s that were coming in and out of jail were coming in and saying, you know, ‘motherf-----, I just saw you on BET with TI and Young Dro and all these motherf------s.’ Every time that I would turn around, officers and people that were coming in and out of jail would come up to me and be like, ‘Dude, you’re too talented for this s---.’”

“When I got 22 losses, I realized that I needed to train. These guys are training every day, all day and, in order to compete with these motherF-----s, I have to do the same thing.”

“I’ve been training at (FIT/NHB in Albuquerque, New Mexico) everyday for five weeks and I’ve got three more weeks to go before the fight. This is, by far, the first time that I’ve put in this much work.”

“I love Team Trauma in Florida, but FIT really has a lot of great 155-pounders to a lot of good 180-pounders—they have a lot of guys at this gym that are really good. It’s a pleasure to be here.”

“To do for (my children), better than what someone did for me feels really good. When they get my age and have kids, they’ll know that their kids are very, very important. My children are very, very important to me and I don’t know what I’d do without them.”

“I’m very family-oriented. I didn’t have a family growing up; I was always the ‘black sheep.’ I love kids; I love to see kids and parents interacting. I’ve got the utmost respect for dudes that stay involved in their kids’ lives. We—as men—are looked at to have kids and then just move the f--- on and not be involved in the kid’s life after we move on. I take a lot of pride in being a part of my kids’ lives and giving them a better upbringing than the one I had. That’s my number-one priority.”

“The future holds a lot, bro. I’ve got big plans for my family and I in the future.The future is very bright.”

Read entire article...

The mixed martial artist formerly known as Krazy Horse (Kid Khaos currently) is slated to return to action against Louis Sims in a three-round contest under the King of the Cage banner on July, 23rd.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

Jaco Training Shorts

Jaco Training Shorts

tags: Charles Bennett   Krazy Horse

JoeHurley site profile image

5/4/12 7:44 PM by JoeHurley

All I see online is he was arrested for choking his pregnant girlfriend.  Not sure what happened, if it was true or if there was more to the story.  I have a friend that punched his wife and knocked her out.  You would probably judge him as a scumbag unless you knew the details that she was pregnant and holding a knife to her stomach in a crazy fit so he clocked her to keep her from stabbing herself.  I'm not saying Krazy Horse did anything like that or trying to defend him, I just want to hear more about the situation and the outcome and I can't find it anywhere.  Most "rational people" get the full story before making judgements, but if you choose to just go by an arrest and not bother with the details like whether the charges were dropped, being found not guilty or anything else then you might want to change your thinking.  People talk like they know and tell me to get educated, but then they can't tell me either. Nothing personal.  I don't know him or you.  Just think there are much worse people that are a threat to my family and myself that I would consider despicable and needing to be removed from society. You enjoy the fights too.  I'm looking forward to Diaz vs Miller.

jjj2121 site profile image

5/4/12 7:06 PM by jjj2121

I called him a despicable human being, because he is one.  He has a lengthy track record that supports my opinion.  You want more details than the ones I provided, his track record is right at your fingertips homie, knock yourself out.  All on the record vile stuff.  If you need to hear more than "choked his pregnant girlfriend" or "beat his teammate from behind with a metal pipe" I damn sure can't help you.  That's enough for most rational people...and there's plenty more if you care to look for it. Enjoy the fights this weekend.

JoeHurley site profile image

5/4/12 7:01 PM by JoeHurley

It had nothing to do with not being fans, it was about them calling him a despicable human being.  And I only started micking and getting ridiculous after someone did it first with their comments.  It's all there for people to see. And still you ignore my question just like he did and haven't provided the details like you said.  Why is it so hard to get an answer on what happened?  You complain that i'm not educating myself, but then don't answer my question and just recap what was said on here in a twisted way.

Vancouver BJJ site profile image

5/4/12 1:44 PM by Vancouver BJJ

He does

jjj2121 site profile image

5/4/12 12:48 PM by jjj2121

^^^ You were pretty standoffish with those who were not fans by bringing up worse kinds of crimes, using ridiculous hyperbole, and mockingly asking for details to give the idea that those passing judgment were doing so without having a clue what KH's specific history was.  I provided the details to those who needed them, pass your own judgment.  I passed mine.

JoeHurley site profile image

5/4/12 12:47 PM by JoeHurley

I asked for details about the domestic abuse to try and educate myself and nobody can seem to give me details.  Even you with all your knowledge and education didn't explain it to me, just took a smug superior attitude and made assumptions about me that weren't true.

JoeHurley site profile image

5/4/12 12:45 PM by JoeHurley

Show me where I ever said anything about supporting him or where I even made a personal judgement (positive or negative) about him?  Just because I don't jump on the bandwagon of shit talking him doesn't mean i am supporting him.

jjj2121 site profile image

5/4/12 12:28 PM by jjj2121

I find it funny when "pro fighters" mock mma "fans" while at the same time choosing not to differentiate between having a blip or two on your criminal record and basically spending your life committing various levels of crimes up to and including strangling pregnant women and attacking teammates from behind with steel pipes.

MartialArtsMixed site profile image

5/4/12 12:25 PM by MartialArtsMixed

if you gave ME krazy horse's athletic gifts, I would be Champion no doubt.

Whisker Biscuit site profile image

5/4/12 12:18 PM by Whisker Biscuit

I always find it funny when mma "fans" mock fighters for having criminal records. You do understand its two grown men willingly being locked into a metal cage trying to beat the shit out of each other? It must be mind bottling that a few of them aren't saints.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!