Bowles hand not broken, wants title fight

source: twitter.com

He will get the shot

GardnerD site profile image

7/10/11 8:49 PM by GardnerD

He will get the shot

Holden22 site profile image

7/7/11 4:40 AM by Holden22

Considering their first fight, it doesn't seem like the best idea for Bowles to be calling out Cruz. If you remember correctly, Bowles actually quit their first fight. His hand was broken and he was getting his ass kicked so he literally quit. I, personally, would have quit if I suffered a broken hand but it's pretty rare that you see a professional fighter quitting in that situation. I'm not saying he shouldn't get a title shot in the near future. However, it seems like quietly working your way into a title shot following quitting the previous fight would be a better idea.

CJJScout site profile image

7/6/11 9:37 PM by CJJScout

That's why I like him, he doesn't do that crap.

Sober site profile image

7/6/11 4:11 PM by Sober

only way you can justify giving MM the shot before Bowles is by rationalizing that he hasn't had a shot yet.only loss of Bowles' career was due to a broken hand. yeah Cruz was beating him but whatever. he's put together two W's since that loss. how many other champs would have had to string together 2-3 wins after losing their belt due to injury? i can't think of another one. especially with Bowles' pedigree (dominant, undefeated run to the belt...all by finishes including the reigning champ who was at the top of many pound for pound lists at the time Bowles KO'd him) i'd pay to watch Bowles fight before i'd watch MM for free. hell Cruz for that matter. Bowles is always looking to end the fight and you don't know whether its going to be by sub or KO. how anybody could think he's undeserving of the title shot is beyond me

Yelm site profile image

7/6/11 3:28 PM by Yelm

Bowles definitely deserves it more than MM imo.  I guess MM won against Torres but only because the judges haven't got a clue what they are watching.

epwar site profile image

7/6/11 8:50 AM by epwar

Bowles issuing the challenge:

daba site profile image

7/6/11 2:51 AM by daba

I wouldn't call that calling someone out. If it is calling Cruz out, it's the most respectful way I've ever seen. I like some of the guys that talk trash, but it's refreshing to see guys like Bowles that don't do it. I think he should get the shot over Mighty Mouse too. Don't think Aldo/Cruz is even close to happening at this time.

daba site profile image

7/6/11 2:51 AM by daba

AcademicusMaximus site profile image

7/6/11 2:40 AM by AcademicusMaximus

is 135 really so weak we need to give this guy another title shot? I like bowles but he beat a guy he had already beaten, Page, and then had this underwhelming performance and now he gets another shot? I'd rather see might mouse just based on the fact he hasnt had a shot yet. Barring MM I would rather see Rani Yayha move back down. Even signing a Joe Soto would be better IMO.