Dana White: Rio greatest crowd in UFC history

by Ariel Helwani | source: mmafighting.com

MMA Fighting spoke to UFC president Dana White following Saturday night's UFC 134 event about the enthusiastic Rio crowd, Anderson Silva's performance against Yushin Okami, what's next for Silva, Forrest Griffin's loss to Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira turning back the clock tonight and a few strange referee moments that occurred.

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Fine Gauge Jacquard Beanie

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

tags: Dana White   UFC 134   video

SexiestManAlive site profile image

8/29/11 9:51 PM by SexiestManAlive

One reason the crowd was alive was because they had Silva, Nog, and Shogun on the card. How can you not be excited for that?

ajsr site profile image

8/29/11 9:10 PM by ajsr

Dublin was great because there was serious noise considering the arena only held 9000, there was almost no booing whatsoever, and the crowd were cheering quality grappling as much as they were the striking.

UnderTheClock site profile image

8/29/11 9:03 PM by UnderTheClock

Less is expected of them.

kingbisping site profile image

8/29/11 12:24 PM by kingbisping

I swear they were singing whoops there it is at one point

Zedlepln site profile image

8/29/11 10:12 AM by Zedlepln

Something for you to consider: the greatest crowd chant in combat sports history translates from Lingala as "kill him."

slamming site profile image

8/29/11 9:52 AM by slamming

This. I loved the "shogoon! shogoon!" chants. Sounded like an actual gladiatorial battle.

PoRrIDgE FC site profile image

8/29/11 9:07 AM by PoRrIDgE FC

Easily the best atmosphere there's been at a UFC event. Well done Rio

MurdochIRL site profile image

8/29/11 8:53 AM by MurdochIRL

forlater

ufcman187 site profile image

8/29/11 8:31 AM by ufcman187

I think there is a difference between chanting the initials of your country and chanting " you're going to die "! I cheer for fighters I like. I cheered for Thiago Silva against Rashad Evans. I cheered for GSP over Kos. Just because I am an American doesn't mean I have to cheer for Brian Stan, I do, but it's because I like him as a fighter, not because he was a Marine. For Dana to praise the idiots who was chanting for the death of our fighters is wrong. Didn't he punish Mir for saying he wanted Brock Lesnar to die due to him beating his ass in the cage? Cheer for your favorite fighters, cheer for your country, but be respectful in doing so

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!