UFC 135 Spike TV prelims announced

by Dann Stupp | source: mmajunkie.com

Two fights have been selected for next month's UFC 135 "UFC Prelims" special on Spike TV.

MMAjunkie.com has confirmed that the one-hour pay-per-view teaser will feature middleweights Nick Ring (12-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) vs. Tim Boetsch (13-4 MMA, 4-3 UFC) and lightweights Tony Ferguson (11-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) vs. Aaron Riley (30-12-1 MMA, 3-4 UFC).

UFC 135 takes place Sept. 24 at Denver's Pepsi Center.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

TapouT Ankle Bar Athletic Socks (3 Pack)

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Brian Davis site profile image

8/30/11 8:10 PM by Brian Davis

I'm glad to see Aaron Riley back.

RickMartelsArrogance site profile image

8/30/11 8:01 PM by RickMartelsArrogance

Showing their fights online for FREE to anyone who wants to watch them is a start...

Astronaut site profile image

8/30/11 7:59 PM by Astronaut

Anyone know if they have any numbers for how many people are actually watching those facebook streams?

Dr Violence site profile image

8/30/11 6:51 PM by Dr Violence

imo the global live free streams on Facebook are significantly better and more important for building the sport than ad-laden American cable TV broadcasts on Spike. I mean shit I hate Facebook but sometimes I can't believe I'm watching live free UFC prelims on there, like I'm sitting there thinking I can't believe how sweet this is. It started out as this awesome extra treat and now it's like everyone's just gotten used to it and expects it. Honestly just think about it. IT IS FUCKING AMAZING!

caposa site profile image

8/30/11 6:29 PM by caposa

I totally understand the reasoning, its just funny that time and time again FW's and BW's are demoted to the Facebook stream. How do they ever expect to build interest in those divisions?

Herring In A Fur Coat site profile image

8/30/11 6:20 PM by Herring In A Fur Coat

Spike wants TUF fighters on prelims.

BostonsBoi site profile image

8/30/11 6:09 PM by BostonsBoi

this is stupid. the two worst fights possible n they pass up on Kid/page n' mizugaki/escovedo? ridiculous

bjws site profile image

8/30/11 11:44 AM by bjws

Agreed. The stream is surprisingly high quality and actually I prefer the Facebook prelims because they have no commercials and they have the fights going one after the other with very little downtime.

Gnarls Gnarlington site profile image

8/30/11 11:43 AM by Gnarls Gnarlington

Excellent. Nick Ring looked great in his last fight.

RKing85 site profile image

8/30/11 11:10 AM by RKing85

now that you can watch all the prelims, it's not quite as big a deal as to which fights make Spike and which don't.But I too was hoping for Kid/Page on Spike.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!