Akira: 'It wasn't a clear tap'

source: mma.sbnation.com

Controversial TUF contestant Akira Corassani blogs about his experiences shooting the controversial fifth episode of Season 14: Bisping vs. Miller.

I cut about 22-25lbs for fights. The way the game worked was you get picked, make weight and then you fight. They didn't show any of it, but I cut 22lbs in 28 hours for that fight. 10 liters of water. That's a lot of water you have to draw out of your body. I was super miserable. That was literally the nearest death experience with dehydration I've ever had. I woke up and felt weak and sick. We weren't at home so we can't recover normally.

I was almost gassed just walking into the cage. Whatever, I'm a professional and I got the job done. I had double vision the whole fight. I actually don't remember anything from that fight. I just remember two things. One is the knockdown. The other was that when he had me in a heel hook it wasn't there. It wasn't in.

If you watch the video again you see my knee pop out because he slipped. He lost his grip. I was thinking "holy shit he's got it!" I changed my mind the moment he slipped. I've watched it maybe 100 times and I know for myself that I never tapped. Herb Dean has refereed thousands of fights and he didn't see a clear tap.

Usually it's a horror scene when somebody taps from a heel hook. People start screaming and crying. I raised my hand and tapped one time on his thigh but it wasn't one of those dramatic taps like a metal drummer. It slipped out and I just went up on him. I would be honest and say I tapped if I did. I know the feeling that went through my body saying "this is going to hurt, I'm going to tap." But then I got out. One hit and then I'm out.

Read entire blog...

UFC The Ultimate Fighter Team Rousey Hat

UFC The Ultimate Fighter Team Rousey Hat

Venum Wand Team TUF Brazil Shirt

Venum Wand Team TUF Brazil Shirt

SlimDude site profile image

10/23/11 2:08 AM by SlimDude

Just like anything else it will go away soon....This guy sucks and has no class. I hope he gets smashed next time.

Poindexter site profile image

10/23/11 1:55 AM by Poindexter

Obvious tap is tap.

Bungle site profile image

10/23/11 1:17 AM by Bungle

Akira is the sort of dickbag that makes me almost not want to watch MMA. But I do hoping to see him get all of his teeth knocked out.

MisterFixit site profile image

10/23/11 12:33 AM by MisterFixit

It's not to late for him to clear his name but until then he is a cheating piece of shit.

SmasherSnu site profile image

10/23/11 12:02 AM by SmasherSnu

he tapped, the man is a cunt.

charms434 site profile image

10/22/11 12:14 PM by charms434

GREAT POINT. HE ADMITTED TO TAPPING! I raised my hand and tapped one time on his thigh

Asian Keyboard Warrior site profile image

10/22/11 10:08 AM by Asian Keyboard Warrior

Too bad, i thought akira was a pretty cool dude but fighting after a tap is a dick move.He even admitted he tapped. Tap is a tap doesnt matter if its a clear tap. Ask chael sonnen

The_Spider site profile image

10/22/11 6:54 AM by The_Spider

Think of it this way. Fighters can get penalized for holding onto the fence, whether they do it intentionally or subsconsciously based on a natural reaction. We've seen fighters lose by submission even if their tap was subsconscious / reactive, aka Chael Sonnen and CB Dolloway.I don't like the idea of purposely fake tapping to provoke the other fighter to ease up or let go, even if you think it's clever. "Fake tapping = You lose" should specifically be added to the rule book, or the ref should just pay more attention. Do you know what effect this stupid loop hole could have?John grabs Joe's leg. Joe cries, wincing in pain, then fake taps. John is waiting for the ref to call it but the ref is busy daydreaming of reffing lesbians in his sexual fantasy. Afraid of becoming the next Paul Harris by getting penalized and possibly losing his career, John is slowly letting go. Actor Joe smiles, yells "I'm just playin!", and gets out of it.

greg155 site profile image