Coach reports from the locker room BJ Penn says 'I'll be back'

source: The Underground

CompuStrike reported that BJ Penn got punched 239 times by Nick Diaz last night, and landed just 76. Unable to see out of a swollen left eye, Penn told UFC broadcaster Joe Rogan that he was done fighting. "I've got a daughter," Penn explained. "I've got another on the way. I don't want to go home looking like this again. I'm done."

However, UFC president Dana White who went on to express doubt about the retirement. "B.J. is a warrior, what happened to him tonight has never happened to him in his entire career," White said, adding "What he's thinking tonight he might not think eight weeks from now."

"They took B.J. right to the hospital. Who knows. It might be or it might not be (Penn's final fight). That's up to him. I don't know."

It appears that Penn's retirement may have lasted as long as the walk back to the locker room.

Allan Goes, BJ Penn's BJJ coach and cornerman for the Diaz fight, just posted the below gallery on his Facebook profile, with the final image clearly saying that BJ says he will be back.

Last day of train in Vegas!

Get ready

Last instructions from the referee jush, before the fight

All Bussiness.

He last word! I will be back

Penn has released his first formal statement since the fight, via BJPenn.com:

"I want to thank all the fans for their love and support. I have decided to take some time off to enjoy life, train and teach. I will keep you posted with what's next."

Metal Mulisha Hidden Shirt

Metal Mulisha Hidden Shirt

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

tags: UFC   BJ Penn (detail)  Nick Diaz (detail)  Alan Goes

stillmatic site profile image

10/31/11 4:11 PM by stillmatic

“I want to thank all the fans for their love and support. I have decided to take some time off to enjoy life, train and teach. I will keep you guys posted with what’s next.”- BJ PennI think he'll be back. He's a super competitive person and loves fighting. A nice break to regroup has done him well in the past. He came back strong after the 2nd Hughes and GSP fights where he took beatings. I would love to see him back at Nova Uniao where his roots lie. Dede wants him back there to train him again. Him and Aldo training together would be awesome.

buckshot44 site profile image

10/31/11 3:54 PM by buckshot44

This + 10 internets..  Hell of a good fight boys..

stillmatic site profile image

10/31/11 12:40 PM by stillmatic

I don't know why people keep bringing up BJ's wealth anyways. Look at how he lives, it's very basic. He doesn't have anything fancy, he's a simple guy.

GBDazzler site profile image

10/31/11 12:06 PM by GBDazzler

I agree whats the point of coming back if he doesn't take it seriously, he doesn't need the money, he's basically coming back to get beaten, because with the effort he's putting in thats all thats going to happen.

frankiscool site profile image

10/31/11 12:02 PM by frankiscool

These are really funny!! http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/rich-franklin-net-worth/   Frankin $700k http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/forrest-griffin-net-worth/  Forrest $7.5 mil http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/tito-ortiz-net-worth/  Tito $15 mil http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/chuck-liddell-net-worth/  Chuck $16 mil http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/anderson-silva-net-worth/  Anderson Silva  $4.5 mil Yeah, this site MUST be right.

frankiscool site profile image

10/31/11 11:56 AM by frankiscool

Yes, everyone knows that BJ was rich before MMA.   If you think his $40 mill net worth is all from MMA, think again. Yes, Randy, I can believe.   Kim probably helped a lot of that as well.  Prior to her, there was no Extreme Couture and randy wasn't marketing himself at all.   He has many gyms, the Extreme Couture brand, etc... But we were talking $10 mil in the bank.

Masakatsu Funaki site profile image

10/31/11 11:32 AM by Masakatsu Funaki

That site also says that Randy Couture has a net worth of 9 mil, without providing any breakdown of how they determined these numbers for BJ and Randy.

Manila site profile image

10/31/11 11:06 AM by Manila

BJ, you are a legend!Hope you can prove everyone wrong and get back to the top at 155.

bj got scared homie site profile image

10/31/11 10:54 AM by bj got scared homie

^

thenino  site profile image

10/31/11 10:50 AM by thenino

try 40 mill!!!!!!! playgirl!!!http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/bj-penn-net-worth/