Former Strikeforce fighter Rogers sentenced to 60 days in prison

by Leif Knutson | source: myfoxtwincities.com

A nationally-known Mixed Martial Arts fighter from Apple Valley, Minn. was sentenced Wednesday for the June 29 violent assault on his wife, during which she was punched repeatedly, choked and lost a tooth

Former Strikeforce Heavyweight Championship contender Brett Rogers pleaded guilty to Assault in the Third Degree on Sept. 15. A Dakota County judge sentenced him to 60 days in jail, three years of probation and a $500 fine.

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Submission BJJ Belt

Submission BJJ Belt

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

Super Body Care Travel Kit 1oz

tags: Brett Rogers   Strikeforce

WikiTheWalrus site profile image

12/1/11 12:10 AM by WikiTheWalrus

Prison is not jail. News story headline is wrong.

K-Dub-

11/30/11 10:24 PM by K-Dub-"T"

EXACTLY! Now let's get on the support thread for the pill popping DUI roider instead.

ufcman187 site profile image

11/30/11 9:35 PM by ufcman187

Fuck him ! That's all. FUCK HIM !

1ChromosomeTooMany site profile image

11/30/11 5:02 PM by 1ChromosomeTooMany

By "interrogating the spouse as a hostile witness" I mean the rules allow the Prosecutor to ask leading questions.  But nobody is every going to charge a spouse for sitting up there and denying everything.  However, if she doesn't show to court, a warrant might go out for her arrest for failing to appear.

MMAxNate site profile image

11/30/11 4:47 PM by MMAxNate

I believe this sums it up...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjY_uSSncQw

Herring In A Fur Coat site profile image

11/30/11 4:34 PM by Herring In A Fur Coat

Yeah I was just wondering more about the "interrogating the spouse as a hostile witness" part.  I can't imagine any judge in this country finding a battered spouse in contempt for refusing to testify against her husband.

LillyOlivia site profile image

11/30/11 4:27 PM by LillyOlivia

A back and forth fight is not a beating. I'm not saying there are not thousands of clear cut cases of domestic abuse every year. I'm just saying that the system can easily be wrongly manipulated against men because it is stacked so favorably for women. The kids being exposed to this is horrible. I completely agree with that. Like I said before. The only victims in this situation are the kids. (maybe the dog too)This woman went balistic on me for getting a one armed side hug from Brett (we trained at the same gym for several years) at a birthday bash she threw for him a few years ago. I've seen her attack people at shows... and she didn't stop until she was pulled off kicking and screaming. If she went after Brett like I've seen her go after some other people- she would've needed to be choked out to stop. I'm not trying to defend Brett persay- I just hate to see him labeled a wife beater when it definately isn't cut and dry like that. I think they are equally at fault. But this is how they interact together, what they choose for their relationship.

Lessphilling site profile image

11/30/11 4:26 PM by Lessphilling

What a fall from grace, only 2 years ago Brett was fighting for the WAMMA title

Darth Ryase site profile image

11/30/11 4:15 PM by Darth Ryase

Sparring sessions are supposed to be kept private.

MMA clothing and gear