Michael Bisping TKOs 'Mayhem' Miller for 3rd round stoppage

by Michael David Smith | source: mmafighting.com

The main event of Saturday night's Ultimate Fighter Finale featured Jason "Mayhem" Miller getting a bully beatdown, as Michael Bisping dominated the second round before finishing the fight with a technical knockout in the third.

Bisping and Miller had coached against each other on this season of The Ultimate Fighter and developed a rivalry, but it wasn't much of a rivalry in the Octagon on Saturday night: Although Miller got off to a fast start, Bisping took it to Miller as the fight wore on and won it handily.

"He's a tough son of a gun," Bisping said of Miller afterward. "I'm here to entertain. I think me and Jason put on a fantastic season of The Ultimate Fighter. ... I'm proud to be part of The Ultimate Fighter, proud to be part of the UFC."

Jason "Mayhem" Miller Vs. Michael "The Count" Bisping
Fight was scheduled for 3 rounds (5x5x5)
Name Jason Miller Jason Miller

Venum Sharp Corra Fight Shorts

Venum Sharp Corra Fight Shorts

Venum Wand Team TUF Brazil Shirt

Venum Wand Team TUF Brazil Shirt

BigBlack23 site profile image

12/4/11 6:01 PM by BigBlack23

I don't consider myself anywhere near the level of these guys BUT when I got a chance to fight at Strikeforce in AZ, I gassed bad in the first round too.  Had an awesome training camp, was in GREAT shape as I am for every fight and for some reason, I never found my rythm, I never found my timing, I had no snap, felt slow and I just gassed, and gassed bad too.  I basically was just like Miller, circled around the cage for 3 rounds eating bombs and taking punishment en route to a UD loss.  To this day I still don't know why I was in the "Twighlight Zone" that night.  Biggest stage I had ever been on, or because of ring rust in not fighting for almost a year before that,  I dunno.  Watching that fight last night seemed very familiar though.

StratTone site profile image

12/4/11 5:08 PM by StratTone

I was looking forward to this fight with the expectations of Bisping winning and the hopes that Mayhem could pull out the win. Instead I saw Mayhem have one of his worst performances in years. I don't know what was up with him but that was just real real bad. I really hope Dana doesn't cut Jason but why argument is there if they do other than money. I'm just a little surprised still at how minor league Miller looked.

KentHibs site profile image

12/4/11 4:30 PM by KentHibs

People saying Bisping shouldnt be in same cage as Anderson...didnt he say that to Rogan himself!? He knows he has to improve. Think he has more chance against Sonnen or Munoz than Belfort or Stann. I worry for him against big hitters

KentHibs site profile image

12/4/11 4:30 PM by KentHibs

Sierra Nevada site profile image

12/4/11 4:18 PM by Sierra Nevada

He sucks, period. Talks a ton of trash, thinks he is the shit, and is disrespectful. I am glad he got beat up.

Conor769 site profile image

12/4/11 2:43 PM by Conor769

really easy fight for bisping, too easy.

jakmma90 site profile image

12/4/11 2:28 PM by jakmma90

i dont care what anybody says,normally but i definetly got mad cus bisping said ''he didnt gas,i beat him up'' i saw in the end of the 1st round mayhem gassed badly,cause ring rust is a big factor especially with guys who arent naturally athletic,but once bisping found's himself opposite to chael sonnen etc. guys who have a solid foundation built under them he's gonna break cus, when the fight ended he wasnt 2 fresh. sorry michael but you cant win a championship.even in strikeforce.

Carrtrouble site profile image

12/4/11 12:16 PM by Carrtrouble

Dude. In all honesty it flat out looked like mayhem was on drugs last night.. Seriously watch his entrance and the fight over again.. Idk how to explain it but he looked lethargic, slow to react, and as soon as the fights over he gets up like he's fine and says " I just got tired"I'm a huge mayhem fan but something tells me he wasn't all there mentally

gotn3prid3 site profile image

12/4/11 11:44 AM by gotn3prid3

I would like to see bisping vs winner of chael/munoz, chael bisping would be nice- two pillow punchers one with great takedown defense and the other with great takedowns

Godmode site profile image