Dan Hardy wants to 'smash' Matt Hughes

source: espn.co.uk

The Brit currently does not have an opponent nor date, but he is targeting late Spring for his next fight. Top of his list of opponents would be the legendary Matt Hughes, and Hardy revealed he has already alerted the UFC to the potential fight.

"I've mentioned Matt Hughes to Lorenzo [Fertitta]," Hardy told ESPN. "He's been on a rough streak as well recently, he'll look at me and see I've lost four fights and think he can outwrestle me.

"I also genuinely don't like him. I need a fight to get up for and I'd take great pleasure in smashing him in the face. I won't talk about why I don't like him, it's some knowledge I have about him away from the sport. Even students around where he lives bet against him."

Related product from the UG Store

<a href=Dan Hardy" src="http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aago_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-mixedmartialarts-Site/Sites-MMAWarehouse/default/v1324563117537/images/large/pun-1111_01_lg.jpg" />

Punishment Dan Hardy Walkout Shirt

$27.00-$30.00

• Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy's UFC on Versus 5 Walkout Tee
  • Regular fit

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

tags: Dan Hardy (detail)  Matt Hughes (detail)  UFC

RandyDarsh site profile image

12/30/11 4:21 PM by RandyDarsh

Hardy thinks Hughes has no chinSo that means potential knockout for hardy

B3LI3VE site profile image

12/30/11 4:13 PM by B3LI3VE

This. He's desperately trying to save his career. Shoulda picked a scrub hardy...

Herring In A Fur Coat site profile image

12/27/11 12:08 AM by Herring In A Fur Coat

Hughes & Franklin have been friends since the MFS days and will never fight.  In fact Hughes was supposed to go up to MW had Evan Tanner beat Rich Franklin.

Dean of Lean site profile image

12/26/11 11:25 PM by Dean of Lean

Not a Hughes fan for his personality but in ring guy is a legend and he puts on great fights...a lot of young up and comers look at him and see him as past his prime and easy pickings and a way to make a name for himself, the way Koscheck did.Hughes deserves better and shouldn't waste his last few fights on such guys...save it for some big names at least...I'd like to see a Hughes/Franklin fight at a catchweight myself

ufcman187 site profile image

12/26/11 11:08 PM by ufcman187

I am an American and it has nothing to do with what I am about to say. Dan, you are an Idiot. You are my favorite British fighter and I have cheered you on over many American fighters like Swick, Davis, and even Anthony Johnson, but to challenge a wrestler after you are coming off 4 loses. That's like Shane Carwin challenging Clay Guida to a triathlon ! You knock him out or you're done bub. That simple ! Good luck !

Jonesbonedpage site profile image

12/25/11 12:11 PM by Jonesbonedpage

The people who try to mock dan are sad little racists who don't like him cause he's English ! Dan comes to bring it every fight and has some talent I meen come on he's lost to Gsp the best ww ! Lytle (in a great fight) subed by a gr8 grnd fighterAnthony rumble Johnson who's so big he went up to mwCondit who's a tough fight for any1 and will be fighting for te intrim belt !!I'd love I see Diaz vs hardy !! To game strikers ! Diaz probly take it but would be fun !! ( I know its not happening soon)

mixjitsu site profile image

12/25/11 11:27 AM by mixjitsu

Thank you its refreshing to know some people on here know what theyre talking about

mixjitsu site profile image

12/25/11 11:25 AM by mixjitsu

T

Donald Rice Cerrone site profile image

12/24/11 8:15 AM by Donald Rice Cerrone

In future all dan hardy posts should be placed on the OtherGround. This one is to talk about fighters and mma related articles....THANK YOU

Roy Batty site profile image

12/24/11 6:28 AM by Roy Batty

Hughes ain't gonna get a easier retirement than this, and the British fans will probably make it the most profitable one he could reasonably get too. Win, win!!!