Diaz camp responds to BJ Penn

source: graciefighter.com

Following his UFC 137 to Nick Diaz BJ Penn announced his retirement. Things appear to have changed. BJ called out Diaz on twitter accusing him of being a fence-holding, Jon Fitch like, coward, poser, homie.

Now the Diaz camp as responded, via GracieFighter.com

Say It Ain’t So BJ…

BJ Penn has apparently not come to terms with the beating he received at the hands of Nick Diaz.

At some point it is up to those around you to protect you from yourself. To take you aside and let you know you are wrong and help save you from your folly. Unfortunately for Penn he is surrounded by “Yes Men” that are unwilling to do that. The outcome will be predictable, resulting in a fighter that will never push himself to the fullest and will always have excuses for his losses.

RVCA BJ Penn Photo Shirt

RVCA BJ Penn Photo Shirt

Metal Mulisha Split Shirt

Metal Mulisha Split Shirt

tags: Nick Diaz (detail)  BJ Penn (detail)  UFC

stillmatic site profile image

1/6/12 10:09 PM by stillmatic

This is what people resort to when they lose an argument and can't admit they're wrong. Again, how do you breach a contract when one doesn't exist?  I'd love to learn how this is possible.

stillmatic site profile image

1/6/12 10:04 PM by stillmatic

That was my line of thinking too, guess I'm one of the few that sees it that way.

ausgepicht site profile image

1/6/12 5:58 PM by ausgepicht

LayNPray, you need to move on seriously. I moderated this thread already and removed the comment about him being a bum about 10 hours ago. What more do you want from me? You need to drop the angry, belligerent act. I haven't read every post, and I won't read every post. If you see a post that violates TOS, do me a favor and point it out or point it out to another moderator. As I've mentioned I've deleted my share of bashing of BJ, and will continue to do so and remain unbiased. I however am also a member first and come here because I fucking love MMA. I won't spend my time here being a strict, Nazi-like moderator who seeks out posts to delete and threads to freeze on a power trip. I am a light moderator because I think criticism is OK and that people should be able to come here and not be seriously restricted and forced in PCism. An overly moderated website is not fun at all. I try to be balanced in that approach. Please, just move on. I am not this evil person you have in your head that I am. If I offended you in the past or pissed you off, I'm sorry. Just move on please. Place me on ignore or something. Continue with the conversation on this thread and MMA in general. Enjoy your time here. I'm not important enough to waste you time on.

Bat21 site profile image

1/6/12 5:47 PM by Bat21

One man's fact is another man's fiction. You haven't presented anything in this thread that I consider facts because you haven't backed up anything you've said with any evidence, just a bunch of anecdotes sprinkled with speculation and conjecture. That's what makes it so fun disagreeing with you, you seem to think that just because YOU say something, its true and I MUST believe it, and when I don't, you resort to condecension and name calling, which seems to be a common thread running through every post you make in response to someone who doesn't agree with you. You really should try to change that about yourself.

LayNprayNINJA site profile image

1/6/12 4:49 PM by LayNprayNINJA

No worries man. Many people, when faced with facts, still refuse to accept reality. It is called denial, and it's not just a river in Egypt.

LayNprayNINJA site profile image

1/6/12 4:47 PM by LayNprayNINJA

In no way was I talking about you Harlem. I am sorry for your loss, and wish the best for your father. This is the first time I have seen ausg admit he is a mod directly, and I guess I was a little shocked he admitted it, and then continued to post in this thread, and even defend a guy who was calling BJ more than just a "bum. You have confirmed that he is in fact great at moderating, and I applaud him for being able to do a good job with his clear displeasure for BJ and his fans. It must be tough to remain nuetral as a moderator, despite your personal feelings.

LayNprayNINJA site profile image

1/6/12 4:43 PM by LayNprayNINJA

Yeah not so much. I am asking a rule be enforced about comments directed towards FIGHTERS, not other posters.  Calling BJ Penn a lazy, overrated bum is not the same thing as calling the poster who said that a fucking idiot. :-) I understand that you cannot monitor eveyr comment of every poster, and would never expect you to do such.  What I DO see is that you have posted in this thread many times already, and have looked right past posters calling Penn more than just a bum. I have also seen you go directly after posters for saying similar things about other fighters, where you DID do something about it... I probably have selective memory because you have developed a reputation as a Mod who constantly says negative things, and posts in anti-BJ Penn ways...

LayNprayNINJA site profile image

1/6/12 4:39 PM by LayNprayNINJA

I hope that what you said here is in fact true. Cheers to you if it is!

Silverball site profile image

1/6/12 4:14 PM by Silverball

Bum comes from the word Stumblebum, when used to refer to a boxer, or in this case a MMA fighter.stumĀ·bleĀ·bum (stmbl-bm)n. Slang1. A person regarded as blundering or inept.2. A punch-drunk or second-rate prizefighter.Goes back to Joe Louis and the "bum of the month club".