Volkmann placed on administrative leave after Obama joke

by Tom Ngo | source: 5thround.com

Jacob Volkmann told 5thRound.com he was unconcerned with receiving another visit from the Secret Service for going after President Barack Obama for the second time in less than a year, but it appears the UFC lightweight should have considered the ramifications from WBHS for his “glassectomy” joke.

“Was put on administrative leave from coaching white bear lake high school wrestling for my joke. Unethical!” Volkmann posted on his Twitter.

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

tags: Jacob Volkmann (detail)  UFC

OftheWay site profile image

1/10/12 9:32 PM by OftheWay

He was also mentioned by Conservative talk radio show host Michael Savage on todays broadcast.

OftheWay site profile image

1/10/12 9:31 PM by OftheWay

That cat pic is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I almost lost it. :)

UnderTheClock site profile image

1/10/12 9:15 PM by UnderTheClock

"Freedom of speech means you can't get arrested for saying things(though there are even exceptions to that), it doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want and still keep your job." That's a state by state anlysis in terms of whether the legislature has adopted a free speech concept, what are the limits, etc.  But you're right the federal Constitution doesn't preserve employment per se, although it has that effect as noted above and in many public sector situations.

THP site profile image

1/10/12 1:34 PM by THP

I'm glad he's gone from his job.

THP site profile image

1/10/12 1:33 PM by THP

I find it funny how you guys make these remarks about Volkmann's rights to free speech while completely failing to realize that it isn't his right to have a job. Especially a job where he teaches young children with developing minds this garbage that disrespects the President of our country. Kids can learn about disobedience from great figures in history. Not from the half-witted conspiracy theorist weirdos like Jacob Volkmann.

blueheron20816 site profile image

1/10/12 12:45 PM by blueheron20816

Admittedly I havent read through all 6 pages, but I thought it was funny that Volkman made the front page on fox, a buddy sent this to me asking if Ive heard of this guy lol.http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/10/mma-fighter-loses-job-as-wrestling-coach-following-obama-glass-ectomy-remarks/?test=latestnews

ausgepicht site profile image

1/10/12 10:29 AM by ausgepicht

Who's DallasVanWinkle? Wait, no one.

ender852 site profile image

1/10/12 10:28 AM by ender852

Freedom of speech means you can't get arrested for saying things(though there are even exceptions to that),it doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want and still keep your job.remember this guy and the "nappy headed hoes"?

thedudebro site profile image

1/10/12 3:18 AM by thedudebro

This issue Volkmann has is relating to his Chiropractic practice. It is not my intention to stir up politics so please don't ban. I am a moderate. I feel that he is directing his frustration with the healthcare system at the wrong person,people, entity.'Obama Care', speaking for myself and what FACTS I have read, is more positive for the general population than negative.I know that there were some adjustments in Medicare/Medicaid taxes, property taxes, etc.Oh well.Based on what he said in his interview w/ Helwani, he is blaming the president for insurance companies declining to cover his services. Well, based on my shopping for insurance plans throughout the years, I don't believe a lot of insurance companies cover those services to begin with unless they are a higher tier plan. He also did complain about some housing program. Well, some programs will be great successes and some will fail. I wish they brought back that Cash for Clunkers program personally.Perhaps blame the insurance companies themselves? I don't know how legit a chiropractor is; never had to use one, but have heard from several relatives and friends that they do more harm than good.Lastly, that he may be just saying this crap to get attention. Who knows what reception he gets within his community outside of work...

UGCTT_mrzipplokk site profile image

1/10/12 1:52 AM by UGCTT_mrzipplokk

^ Reality is not popular these days. printing play money and giving away as 'benefits' is popular though now.