Cris Cyborg cites dietary aid as cause of positive test for PEDs

source: mmaprime.tv

Cris would like to sincerely apologize to Strikeforce, the Zuffa organization, Hioko Yamanaka and her fans for her failed drug test.

“I am ultimately responsible for everything I put in my body, and at the end of the day, there is no excuse for having a prohibited substance in my system. I do not condone the use of any performance enhancing drugs by myself or any other professional athlete, and willingly accept the penalties and fines that have been handed down to me by the California State Athletic Commission and those of the StrikeForce/Zuffa organization.

“While I was preparing myself for my last fight I was having a difficult time cutting weight and used a dietary supplement that I was assured was safe and not prohibited from use in sports competition. It was never my intention to obtain an unfair advantage over Hiroko, mislead StrikeForce, the Commission or my fans. I train harder than any fighter in MMA and do not need drugs to win in the cage, and I have proven this time and time again! My only mistake is not verifying the diet aid with my doctor beforehand, and understanding that it was not approved for use in the ring.

“Unfortunately in the end I suffer the consequences and must accept the responsibility for my actions.”

“I will do everything I can to show my fans that I can still compete at the professional level without the use of any prohibited substances, and ask God’s forgiveness for my mistake."

Read entire article...

Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves

Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves

Venum Giant Track Jacket

Venum Giant Track Jacket

tags: Strikeforce   Cris Cyborg   Cris Santos

Tubarao site profile image

1/22/12 11:26 AM by Tubarao

"updated statement"? Where the heck was this? And it was on the news page? Even if true (which I doubt that it is a legitamate new statement), Tru is still a douche.

58miles site profile image

1/19/12 6:40 PM by 58miles

She said that she got the pills from a trusted member of her camp. Does she plan to reveal the name of the person in her camp that gave her the pills?

mongo54 site profile image

1/19/12 6:24 PM by mongo54

thanks tru, it's funny though, she just admitted to knowingly cheating because diuretics are also banned.

Tru site profile image

1/19/12 5:56 PM by Tru

I posted her updated statement about a week or more ago and it was on the ug news.  probably old news by now.    thread search is your friend.

PembrokePinesVillain site profile image

1/19/12 5:51 PM by PembrokePinesVillain

12sixelbow is so sad

PembrokePinesVillain site profile image

1/19/12 5:50 PM by PembrokePinesVillain

Wow, so you're saying that winstrol In no way shape or form increases testosterone levels? And what medical journal did you get this info from? I know plenty of people, some women that take it and I know it's for cutting but it is an anabolic steroid and it does raise levels and help build muscle while also burning fatEven if it didn't raise anything it is still a drug, a banned drug,She is a cheater and anyone that says otherwise is an idiot. Also anyone saying she didn't know she was takin it is an idiot also

Mike F site profile image

1/19/12 4:32 PM by Mike F

"Again, Winny is a cutting drug" Cutting, or gaining strength.

mongo54 site profile image

1/19/12 4:15 PM by mongo54

hey tru is back, care to enlighten us with all the new info you got days ago?  you remember, when you said "be right back".

CindyO site profile image

1/19/12 12:59 AM by CindyO

Tru, you've got mail. Cindy

Tru site profile image

1/18/12 11:37 PM by Tru

here is a pic of cris from the night of the Gina Carano Fight.....you telling me you wouldn't hit that?

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!