Penn's camp details why BJ lost respect for Nick Diaz

source: bjpenn.com

Scott Hernandez who manages  BJPenn.com as well as BJ Penn’s Twitter and Facebook accounts, details how Nick Diaz lost BJ Penn's respect.

I went on BJ’s Facebook today to try and informally educate some of his detractors as to why BJ came out on Twitter two days ago and attacked Nick Diaz. For me, it was to the point where after reading several responses and comments I thought it important to put out some flames and explain what is going on.

I was merely trying to educate some of the people who don’t understand where BJ is coming from. But I probably shouldn’t have done it in that manner because it still left glaring questions unanswered and maybe put some words in BJ’s mouth that shouldn’t have been there.

First and foremost, BJ and Nick are no longer friends. I understand the media may have painted a picture following the fight that things where cool. But they were not. The one photo of the two together post-fight was taken by Cesar and BJ and Nick did no socializing amongst each other after the fight. This was just a picture painted by the media, but it was never all flowers and butterflies.

Behind closed doors and far from the public’s view, the two have not been friendly and these recent comments are a result of that.

Nick caught BJ off guard and the relationship started to fall apart at the weigh-ins when Nick tried to strike BJ.
  (1:20 mark)

Then during the fight ... in between rounds Nick shoulder checked BJ. This is another thing that bothered BJ and hurt the friendship even more.

The third item of my list of four that I wish to highlight is the post-fight antics of Nick. He took to Jason Parillo, BJ’s boxing coach, with a verbal out lash and again, strained the relationship between himself and BJ further.

The last item on the list is this clip from HDNet. Nick calls BJ bitter for the loss and seems to have more to say about the fight and BJ.

(2:00 mark)

That is all I wanted to express to you guys. Understand it or not, these are the items, these are the actions that changed BJ’s opinion of Nick Diaz and what tarnished their friendship.

I can’t speak on why it took BJ three month’s to finally come out and say it bothered him, but what’s done is done. I know his supporters will and always do understand, but I hope this helps clear up what’s going on with the ones who don’t get it and maybe you can see, from our side, where we are coming from.

For BJ’s part, he’s not losing any sleep over this stuff, but for me, I wanted to try and educate and merely answer some of these questions we have been receiving from the fans.

UFC-news-%E2%80%93-educating-the-masses-why-bj-penn-no-longer-respects-nick-diaz-11164.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bjpenndotcom+%28BJPENN.COM+NEWS+BLOGS%29">Read entire article...

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

RVCA Game Time Jacket - BJ Penn

RVCA Game Time Jacket - BJ Penn

tags: UFC   BJ Penn (detail)  Nick Diaz (detail)  video

Silverball site profile image

1/9/12 3:01 PM by Silverball

Sure, why not? Who's John Finch?

Holden22 site profile image

1/9/12 2:55 PM by Holden22

This is exactly what I was thinking. If you want to jump around in weight and fight bigger guys, then by all means do it. If, however, you end up getting beaten by these bigger fighters don't try to hide behind excuses. The whole "he tried to tire me out" thing is the worst excuse I've ever heard. I'm not sure how that even became an excuse. BJ is literally complaining that a bigger fighter with better cardio used these assets to wear him down. That sounds like exactly what you're supposed to do in MMA. It seems like what BJ is really saying is that Nick should have stood in front of him with his hands down and allowed him to easily win the fight.

redride site profile image

1/9/12 2:04 PM by redride

Lets see BJ fight John Finch again and get put into retirement for good?

ALL DAY JAY site profile image

1/9/12 12:56 PM by ALL DAY JAY

Remember when BJ was all butt hurt at Frankie after their first fight because Frankie celebrated after the win? Like BJ thought that Frankie should not be happy and celebrate with his team. Then he bitched that Frankie ran from him the whole fight, when the reality was that Frankie just boxed him, and BJ had no answer for it. Frankie is one of the classiest guys in the whole sport, and BJ then once again showed that he has no class. He needs to do what he said he was going to do and retire. Or the UFC should say fuck it, you want Nick again, you get Nick again. Then Nick can retire BJ for the second time. Either way he is on his way out of the sport, if not out already.

jpm995 site profile image

1/9/12 12:50 PM by jpm995

Sorry poor reading comprension on my part. i thought you were Scott.

Tag Smacker site profile image

1/9/12 12:30 PM by Tag Smacker

Everything on this list is typical fighter behavior. Its an aggressive sport with aggressive people. Sounds like B J has gotten to soft to compete anymore.

Tag Smacker site profile image

1/9/12 12:29 PM by Tag Smacker

All his stand and fight talk is bullshit. He Ran from diaz half way through the second round and all of the third.

ALL DAY JAY site profile image

1/9/12 11:18 AM by ALL DAY JAY

BJ's Mom in 3. 2. 1.....

ALL DAY JAY site profile image

1/9/12 11:00 AM by ALL DAY JAY

I did not think that I could lose any more respect for BJ Penn, but I have. What a cry baby!

Cyril Jeff site profile image

1/9/12 10:35 AM by Cyril Jeff

BJ, BIG FAN, now please consider moving back to LW, it's where you belong, call the Marinovich's back, no matter what anyone told you, you need them imo. get back to the explosive training skills you were working on and see if you can't turn the clock back a bit. all the best.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!