GSP pulling for Diaz, November return

source: hd.net

Tonight Georges St-Pierre made an appearance HDNet's Inside MMA, a weekly show focusing on the sport of mixed martial arts on Mark Cuban's HD Net, a channel that has supported the sport for years

The current welterweight champion discussed the surgery on his knee, rehab, and when he intends to return and against whom he's hoping to fight

"I do actually care. There are two guys that are fighting, Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit -- Carlos Condit is a very nice guy. I never trained with him but I have trained in Albuquerque along with some of his teammates, and he's a very nice guy. I like him a lot. But, the reason why I wish Nick Diaz to win this fight is that I want to fight Nick Diaz. I don't wanna fight Carlos Condit. I wanna fight Nick Diaz. But, in another way, I just hope the best man will win. But if the best man is Nick Diaz, I will appreciate it more, because it will be a better build up for a fight.

"That's really the fight that I wanted to have and the fight was going to happen in the beginning. And it didn't happen, because he (Diaz) didn't show up for the promotion. Then after I got hurt and this whole thing happened and -- that's really the fight that I wanted to have happen. Even though I like Carlos Condit better as a person, I would rather fight Nick Diaz."

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Moskova M2 Boxer Brief

Moskova M2 Boxer Brief

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

McDavid Knee Sleeve w/ Elastic

Entreri site profile image

1/20/12 8:36 PM by Entreri

GSP needs to take his time and fully recover before coming back.

chaplinshouse site profile image

1/17/12 3:56 PM by chaplinshouse

You're right, with Carlos' biggest win being a split decision vs Jake Ellenberger.  Can't top that! lol

rrg1 site profile image

1/17/12 3:25 PM by rrg1

Yes beating a guy who has beaten about 2 top 10 fighters in his career would be AMAZING.

chaplinshouse site profile image

1/17/12 3:02 PM by chaplinshouse

If I were GSP, getting a % of the PPV, I'd rather face Nick too.   Guarantee the UFC agrees.  Factor in the shit talk, SF champ vs UFC champ angle and it's a no brainer.  Way more money, bigger statement to beat Nick than to beat Carlos

Hugo Stiglitz site profile image

1/17/12 12:30 PM by Hugo Stiglitz

Because BJ penn the guy who is Maui burgers to gain weight during camp for WW fights is a force. BJ once had great athleticism but compare that and his cardio to other guys in this division today and hes low on the pole.

Authority Figure site profile image

1/17/12 11:17 AM by Authority Figure

I hear Jesus shoves his ass last night in a bar and he didn't do jackshit. Moses was all like "Dammmn, you got served son." And Peter and Paul were like "GSP? More like DOA." And Jesus took his cigar and put it out in GSP's Cosmopolitan. So now GSP is ducking Jesus. When does this stop!?

Jamiee site profile image

1/17/12 11:14 AM by Jamiee

If Diaz becomes the Interim Champ, UFC will probably book GSP/Diaz for a title unification bout. It's a money fight they can't afford to screw up - too many fans want it.If Condit becomes the interim champ, he's more likely to defend the belt against Ellenberger in the interim.

MJM1912 site profile image

1/17/12 11:11 AM by MJM1912

So does the Diaz/Condit winner wait to face GSP in November or perhaps face Ellenberger in the summer if he beats Diego?

ehx site profile image

1/17/12 10:06 AM by ehx

really? because they weren't smart enough to avoid two back to back injuries sustained during training.

inf0 site profile image

1/17/12 10:01 AM by inf0

GSP and his camp seem a little too smart for something like that.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!