Nate Quarry thanks UG for new MMA talk show role

source: The Underground

BIG thanks to you...

From: Nate 'Rock' Quarry
Zombie Cage Fighter
Member Since: 8/24/02
Posts: 176

Thanks in no small part to my fan base here at The UnderGround, I've been chosen to be a host on Spike Tv's new MMA talk show MMA Junkie!

The producer for the show said specifically that with all the great support I've gotten in the forums that I was an easy choice for them.

This is not going to be a dried up retelling of the fight we all just watched. This is going to be us giving our opinions on the calls and the fights.

And for the FIRST time on an MMA show, being that it's live, we're going to have a LIVE feed Twitter wall going so we can see your questions and YOU the fans can interact with us on the show.

Your support here has brought me back to the forum. Specifically the page ATT: Nate where I'm answering questions and telling stories.

As a small thank you to all of you, the first fifty people to send a self addressed stamped envelope to me I will send them a FREE Zombie Cage Fighter iron on patch! Any one over the 50 person limit will get a FREE ZCF sticker.

Just my small way of saying thank you for all of your support.

You know, I never got to fight on TUF 1. And I haven't fought in nearly two years. And yet I still have great fans and their support. Thanks to all of you for making this possible.

Zombie Cage Fighter
600 NE Couch
Portland OR 97232

Thank you!!

Oh and a big thank you to my agent Gary Ibarra at the AMR Group who really go in there and made this happen. I'm proud to call him my agent and friend.

Read entire thread...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Roots of Fight Gracie vs Kimura Shirt

Roots of Fight Gracie vs Kimura Shirt

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Keith Jardine Action Figure

JAKKS Pacific Exclusive Series 0 (Zero) Keith Jardine Action Figure

tags: Nate Quarry (detail)

Nate 'Rock' Quarry site profile image

2/28/12 7:17 AM by Nate 'Rock' Quarry

The show is now up on Spike.comNick is always a tough interview, he talks slow and this was Craig's first time interviewing with the delay and everything.We'll get better.

lordbreakdown site profile image

2/24/12 10:50 PM by lordbreakdown

'carton cutting people off'that's Carton being Carton. this morning he cut off John Starks to read a commercial.

tonetone site profile image

2/24/12 10:30 PM by tonetone

any insight on the falling out between mmajunkie and spike on this one?i thought the show was pretty good, you are def the best part though. that carton guy was a little abrasive and seemed to keep cutting you guys off.how bout that nick interview to start things off? was it as awkward in studio as it was for the rest of us?

Sugarfoot site profile image

2/24/12 9:57 PM by Sugarfoot

I haven't checked out the show yet Nate, is there a link to it where i can watch it?Thanks and congrats again!

lordbreakdown site profile image

2/24/12 9:53 PM by lordbreakdown

I thought it was good. better than expected actually. if you guys can get your groove going like the guys from the TNT NBA pregame it could be really good. best of luck with it.. and feel free to pop Straka if he gets outta line! lol

Nate 'Rock' Quarry site profile image

2/24/12 10:44 AM by Nate 'Rock' Quarry

Thanks again for all you all did to help me get this gig! Hope you enjoyed the show as much as we enjoyed doing it

Reco Groman site profile image

2/24/12 10:34 AM by Reco Groman

TTT for the first airing

Reco Groman site profile image

2/21/12 11:36 AM by Reco Groman

Anyone gotten anything back yet?Nate--how many envelopes did you receive so far?

Nate 'Rock' Quarry site profile image

1/27/12 5:16 PM by Nate 'Rock' Quarry

Haven't done the Starnes thing yet. What do you think of my new gig on Spike Tv? MMA Junkie live talk show talking about the fights and the state of the industry. What I think would be really cool is doing reenactments of cool stories ala The Chappelle show. We'll see....

NHB USA site profile image