'No concrete conversations' for Lashley vs. Fedor

source: fightersonlymag.com

Fighters Only magazine visited Boby Lashkey at his American Top Team: Altitude gym in Colorado. Lashley spoke about the possibility of a fight with the legendary Fedor Emelianenko. "The guy's got a tremendous amount of fights under his belt... I'd like to fight him.”

According to Lashley, Fedor’s managers are currently looking for the Russian MMA veteran’s next opponent, and his name is on the list of potential matchups. “I'm going to throw everything at him that I can. Of course, my wrestling's there, I don't give a damn what he's doing. I'd put my wrestling up there with almost anyone right now.

“I think that my wrestling would trump some of the things that he has. I know he's a great fighter, but if I fought him then of course I'm going to try and wrestle him down."

Read entire article...

However, Fedor Emelianenk 's management team told USAToday that there may some wishful thinking on Lashley's part.

No opponent has been chosen yet for the heavyweight star's next fight, according to Evgeni Kogan, director of operations for M-1 Global. A report that former pro wrestler Bobby Lashley is being considered is premature, Kogan wrote in an e-mail to USA TODAY.

"There are currently no concrete conversations about Bobby being the next opponent for Fedor," Kogan wrote, adding that Emelianenko probably will fight two or three times this year.

Read entire article...

UFC Pride Bushido Shirt

UFC Pride Bushido Shirt

Bad Boy Cali Pride Shirt

Bad Boy Cali Pride Shirt

tags: Fedor Emelianenko   Bobby Lashley

chokeyou site profile image

1/24/12 4:16 PM by chokeyou

I'm a todd fan, but he has issues with pressure. There is no where on the planet less comfortable than a cage in Moscow with Fedor in it.

Hendpwned site profile image

1/24/12 1:00 PM by Hendpwned

hopefully its not backwoods West virginia goat style.

JoeyB513 site profile image

1/24/12 12:13 PM by JoeyB513

I've seen highlights, and most people bash him anyways, saying he isnt good a worse version of brock lesnar. Altho i wouldnt know exactly plus im making the prediction based off Fedor....i truely dont think lashley is ready for that fight.

officedrone23 site profile image

1/24/12 11:15 AM by officedrone23

Lashley has no chance, but I would be rooting for him all the way.

sevenwithcheese site profile image

1/24/12 8:50 AM by sevenwithcheese

So you haven't seen any of his 8 pro fights, but you're going to make a prediction anyway? Based on what? His skills in WWE?

JoeyB513 site profile image

1/24/12 8:48 AM by JoeyB513

Does Lashley even stand a chance? not gonna lie i havent seen anything about him since he got fired by the WWE lol, I mean i know he'd be a good wrestler but does he have anything else? Imma go with Fedor via KO/TKO

JustSaying site profile image

1/24/12 8:44 AM by JustSaying

Did you just compare being mounted by a BJJ black belt and an amature wrestler? Are you fucking kidding me you noob? Fedor, escaped EVERYONE who mounted except Big Foot who is a lefit Black Belt AND outweighed him by 80lb.   Lashley will NOT have the same control from mount.  He may cause problems if he gets Fedor in side mount, beside that, easy win for Fedor.

Gnarls Gnarlington site profile image

1/24/12 8:32 AM by Gnarls Gnarlington

What a sad fight for Fedor. He seems to not care about his competition at all. Very sad.

MichaelMeyers site profile image

1/24/12 7:22 AM by MichaelMeyers

Oh there was a very good reason, you're fucking retarded. I will assume you think Duffee is worth more than he is because he was in the UFC and that somehow makes him magic.

GMB13 site profile image

1/24/12 5:29 AM by GMB13

What insult are you refering to, noob perhaps?  Are you not a noob?