Rousey: Tate is an un-American, ungrateful POS

by Crooklyn | source: cagepotato.com

In a recent TapouT Radio interview, Ronda Rousey discussed a wide range of issues in reference for her title bout with Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate at "Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey" on March 3, Columbus. OH.

Fighting weight

“I’m at 141.8 right now. I’m a professional, and I want to have a better cut than Miesha does, because I want to beat the girl into the ground."

The Olympics

“She brought up that my Olympic medal is a fraud, and that I really got fourth place. I just thought, ‘What kind of an ungrateful little POS are you? I won the Olympic medal for YOUR country, and you’re questioning the validity of the Olympic medal that I got for your country, just to make yourself feel a little bit better.’ I mean, that’s just not even American ...  the whole idea that she would try to defame one of her own country’s Olympic medals is so tactless. It was un-American and an anti-patriot thing to do."

Trash Talk

“A lot of her attempts at trash talking and comebacks are just lame and not witty ... she doesn’t have that great of a vocabulary, and she’s not really that quick witted. She needs me to supply the trash talk, because she doesn’t really come up with anything original.”

Dana White

“My phone rang, and I was like, ‘Las Vegas?’ I picked up, and this voice goes, ‘Ronda, this is Dana White. How are you?’ I’m like, ‘FINE!’ I mean, what do you say there? He told me he was very, very excited about this fight, and that he was going to do whatever he can to promote it ... It’s so encouraging to see somebody like him starting to see the potential in women’s MMA. I think there’s still a lot more work to do, and I think he does have some points, in that we need to develop more depth, but it is coming.”

Read entire article...
Listen to entire interview...

UFC Women\'s Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UFC Women's Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

Jaco Women\'s Patriot Crew Shirt

Jaco Women's Patriot Crew Shirt

stevekt site profile image

2/21/12 11:12 AM by stevekt

I always thought it a normal procedure to award 2 bronze medals for sports held in an elimination bracket format. Wiki: In a few tournament sports such as boxing and judo, two bronze medals are awarded in each event - one for each eliminated semi-finalist or for winners of the repechage brackets.

Joshua Wolff site profile image

2/21/12 10:52 AM by Joshua Wolff

I'd like to give them both a good pounding!;:)

BigEyedFish site profile image

2/21/12 9:37 AM by BigEyedFish

Right, because there is such a shortage of CDN MMA athletes to look up to right?  The issue for me is that I do think Ronda is smart for doing what she does.  She is doing a great job creating hype for her fight and for womens MMA in general.  But she is taking it a little too far.  Like someone else said on this thread, she is trying to be Sonnen, but she cant quite pull it off.  Sonnen is VERY good at walking the thin line where he is entertaining, funny, and effective without being annoying or gratuitous.

ArthurKnoqOut site profile image

2/21/12 8:01 AM by ArthurKnoqOut

you've never been outside your mother's basement.

Jaybrone site profile image

2/21/12 6:54 AM by Jaybrone

With all the talking Ronda has done seems like she might be scared or something.

Senji site profile image

2/21/12 2:18 AM by Senji

I find it amusing that Rhonda thinks she's witty. She's the definition of unoriginal. Everything she's doing/says is kind of old hat. She's definately a talented fighter though. I do enjoy watching good judo players in MMA.

BlueDream site profile image

2/21/12 1:35 AM by BlueDream

All these canucks wishing they were an American Hero like Ronda.

bknumber1 site profile image

2/21/12 1:35 AM by bknumber1

This.  I don't know why, but I think she is 100% faking this trash talk.  I have a feeling she is really a sweet heart and is just trying to do what she can to sell tickets and push women's MMA.  The Eddie Bravo video with her, Eddie, and Rogan at the beginning in the studio talking is partly why.  She is a gifted athlete though and I will be surprised if she does not thrash Tate.

bytagro site profile image

2/21/12 1:24 AM by bytagro

bwahahahahait must really suck living in today's western society for a sexist bigot, I bet it burns you up with impotent rageronda is the one who is an alpha here btw

Shogun of Harlem site profile image

2/21/12 12:06 AM by Shogun of Harlem

As an American...sad, but true.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!