Rousey: It feels relaxing to be champion

by Mike Chiappetta | source: mmafighting.com

Yes, life is good for Rousey, whose biggest problem right now is recovering from all of the excitement.

"I've been not moving as much as possible," Rousey said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "It's just been so tiring not just physically but mentally. I just feel like I've been tense and holding my shoulders higher or something like that for months on end, and I finally just have just tons of relaxation and I really just don't want to move. So I'm very relaxed. It feels very relaxing to be champion."

Asked about the sentiment behind Caraway's tweet, that she could not compete with a man, Rousey laughed.

"Of course I can, dude," she said. "Who is he? You never heard of him if it wasn’t for Miesha. He's just some dude. He's not even like a legit fighter. He's just some random guy that likes fighting."

Referee Mark Matheny has taken some fire for letting the fight continue to the point Tate's arm was in danger, but Rousey said he made the right call.

"He was trying to respect her and her choice, and she was choosing to let it go," she said. "She could’ve given up at anytime. If he stopped it sooner, they would have said, 'Oh he stopped it before she tapped.' Anything we do in that kind of situation, people are going to find a way to criticize."

Strikeforce/2012/3/5/2847361/no-love-lost-between-new-champ-ronda-rousey-and-miesha-tates-camp" target="_blank">read entire article...

UFC Women\'s Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

UFC Women's Ronda Rousey UFC 168 Walkout Shirt

Fuji Women\'s Pink Blossom Gi

Fuji Women's Pink Blossom Gi

homegrowncone site profile image

3/6/12 11:33 PM by homegrowncone

I really want to see both Ronda and Sarah fight again, I'm excited they're fighting each other. I'm sure the build up to the fight won't be nearly as dramatic as her fight with Tate, but I'll be damned if the fight isn't fun while it lasts.Great job by the ladies this weekend.

caliguy0906 site profile image

3/6/12 11:24 AM by caliguy0906

Yeah, she has 5 fights and is already a world champion in the biggest stage for WMMA while Bryan Tate has 21 fights and can barely get on an undercard...I say she's doing just fine.

zora_d_1991 site profile image

3/6/12 7:51 AM by zora_d_1991

Penny Thomas handled cyborg fine in adcc. Without juice and super cyborg punch power.....Honda via armlock, all day.

Neil Funk site profile image

3/6/12 2:47 AM by Neil Funk

Grappling, she could probably give Caraway all he could handle, but let him get a clean of a shot as Miesha got on her and it's goodnight sweet Ronda.I love her though

pickula site profile image

3/6/12 1:59 AM by pickula

^^^^^^^^^ He wasn't exactly respectful to her though......just sayin'

Schmohawked site profile image

3/6/12 1:32 AM by Schmohawked

Wow, Ronda is ignorant. She has 5 fights compared to Caraway's 21. He's in the UFC, she's in Strikeforce. Does she think being rude to everyone is the way to gain respect?

tamothyy site profile image

3/6/12 1:11 AM by tamothyy

The more Ronda talks, the more annoying she gets.

NICK DIAZ GOAT site profile image

3/6/12 12:15 AM by NICK DIAZ GOAT

All right.

RandyDarsh site profile image

3/5/12 11:55 PM by RandyDarsh

She didn't even mention her cameltoe or ANYTHING in this intervie. What a rip off

stonepony site profile image

3/5/12 11:39 PM by stonepony

Actually, I disagree on the weight issue sin. Look how much Lesnar shrank over a short period of time, after leaving wretard-wrestling and taking up legit competition. He shrank fast, not just because of his illness. Cyborg knows the future of WMMA is at 135, and she knows that all eyes are on her when it comes to roids, she's going to shrink down easily.And, a female version of Cyborg will get her ass kicked by Big Ronda. Tate said that wrestling beats Judo 9 times out of 10, and she's right. Unfortunately for her, Ronda is that 1 out of 10 fighter.

MMA apparel and training equipment
BLACK FRIDAY