JDS: I will try knock Overeem out

by Gleidson Venga | source: sherdog.com

“I think it’s the ultimate test for my striking,” said dos Santos, who has publicly contemplated an Olympic boxing bid for 2016. “It’s still the biggest challenge. He was a K-1 champion, which is the greatest striking event in the world. He’s a very strong guy, good, but I trust in myself a lot and I try for the knockout in all of my fights. Regardless of him being a striker or not, I’m going for the knockout.”

Of course, like any good champion, dos Santos has a backup plan to surprise the Dutchman.

“Jiu-jitsu can be Plan B. I’m an MMA fighter, training in everything,” dos Santos said. “I’m well prepared to fight, whether standing or on the ground, and if I find it necessary to take it to the ground, it will happen.”

MusclePharm Battle Fuel XT (160 capsules)

MusclePharm Battle Fuel XT (160 capsules)

Jaco Resurgence Fight Shorts

Jaco Resurgence Fight Shorts

epwar site profile image

4/4/12 4:53 PM by epwar

Looks like Overeem knocked himself out! ;-)

Hel13torm site profile image

3/22/12 7:19 PM by Hel13torm

I'd love to see a repeat of Overeem/Kharitonov,Reem getting KO'd while literally running in full retreat.WAR JDS

kulraven site profile image

3/22/12 7:17 PM by kulraven

Lesnar could not take Reem down because he was but a shell of his former self. After having several feet of intestine taken out over the course of two serious surgeries Brock simply didnt have it anymore. Who can blame him? Take a look at the explosiveness Brock displayed before he got sick. That guy would take Reem down.

Stephen Holder site profile image

3/22/12 7:12 PM by Stephen Holder

overeem is so incredibly overrated that its laughable. i'd say that jds is gonna expose that fact but truthfully werdum already did.

Manny Yarbrough GOAT site profile image

3/22/12 6:19 PM by Manny Yarbrough GOAT

Overeem by brutal GNP or guillotine

beanouno site profile image

3/22/12 6:14 PM by beanouno

If this doesnt happen then this fight is ruined for me.

bhealthy site profile image

3/22/12 5:20 PM by bhealthy

good luck JDS. REEMs striking id BSRIZPAC-like.

RowdyTookMyArm site profile image

3/22/12 2:34 PM by RowdyTookMyArm

I can't wait to see this! I have no idea who wins this one...

socal site profile image

3/22/12 2:19 PM by socal

Well actually going to re update this. Yes definite on the strenth side goes to Alistair.Its funny when I think about this fight, I go through all the ways I can see the Reem wining and the ways I can see JDS winning, bottom line this will be a great fight.The Reem can really win, if he can IMO stretch it out, and come on strong in the later rounds.My take above was off, and I can see many scenarios where the Reem wins and as well many where JDS wins.Thanks