Lawrence: I felt sloppy out there

by Dann Stupp and John Morgan | source: mmajunkie.com

"I'm not satisfied, and I'm not happy," he said immediately after his live fight. "It was a good win, but I kind of felt sloppy out there."

"I'm ready to get back to the grind, back to the drawing board. I can't celebrate too much. I'll have one good night, eat some ribs and drink a couple sodas, but I'm back tomorrow and back to the drawing board."

"My movement, I think that was key. I think if I would have stood there in front of him and gave him a standing-still target where he could have shot in on me or clinched me and got me to the ground, I think he would have done that and been successful. I just kept up the movement, kept my jab in his face, and executed my game plan."

read entire article..

Venum Wand Team TUF Brazil Shirt

Venum Wand Team TUF Brazil Shirt

UFC The Ultimate Fighter Team Rousey Hat

UFC The Ultimate Fighter Team Rousey Hat

Phil999 site profile image

3/27/12 9:35 AM by Phil999

The first thing I noticed is that he was very nervous when he was talking to the camera. His voice would break. That might take awhile for him to get used to.

BrandCarey site profile image

3/27/12 9:03 AM by BrandCarey

I would imagine that Lawrence drops to 145 at least if not 135 after the show so I think you may see this fight one day. I disagree with your assesment though. Brandao is far more violent but not as technically sound and he did get dropped by Bermuda, who has decent standup but is definitely not on par with Lawrence. I think it is too early to answer a lot of questions about Lawrence as we haven't seen his ability to win when the fight isn't going his way liek Brandao did. I just don't want to get my hopes up like a lot of people did with Jamie Yager a few seasons ago only to find out they can only fight their fight.

Mix6APlix site profile image

3/26/12 7:17 PM by Mix6APlix

I would gladly put this punk in his place. Step up Justin!!!J/K. He's scary. Like young Vitor scary. But well rounded. He is going to do well.

I No Kung Foo site profile image

3/26/12 7:15 PM by I No Kung Foo

It may be a little early.  It's probably safer to wait until he actually wins the TUF season first.

X_Rated site profile image

3/26/12 7:07 PM by X_Rated

Brandao is in a lower weight class and takes Lawrence's lunch money IMO

sin_tax site profile image

3/26/12 6:53 PM by sin_tax

Looked good to me. Cardio needs some work though.

DaemonDragon site profile image

3/26/12 6:04 PM by DaemonDragon

Indeed. Not only that, but given Lawrence's movement-based style, Cruz is basically the best possible mentor for him (tied with Frankie I suppose).Anything can happen and there's a long road to winning TUF, but he's the obvious favorite at the moment. His athleticism looks to be well ahead of everyone else in the house.

5 Round Main Event site profile image

3/26/12 6:02 PM by 5 Round Main Event

I agree with you guys I think it was just nerves. It was the biggest fight of his career on live TV and he still looked pretty damn solid.He may not have that much pro experience but he has a TON of amateur experience.I think he's due to impress us even more so than he already has.

ShoeMoney site profile image

3/26/12 5:58 PM by ShoeMoney

I was impressed by his parformance. Is it too early to call him the TUF goat ?

Chris site profile image

3/26/12 5:42 PM by Chris

He's got 11 more weeks to train full-time with great coaches. He might have looked a bit sloppy, but considering he's only 3-0 as a pro, seems like he has great potential.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!