Dos Santos: I'm champion without ever having used anything

source: twitter.com

In a week where Alistair Overeem testing for elevated levels of testosterone, and almost certainly will be refused a license to fight, Junior Dos Santos has taken to twitter and made a firm statement about PEDs, in two languages.

juniorcigano ‏ @junior_cigano
Bom dia a todos!
Good morning everyone

juniorcigano ‏ @junior_cigano
Eu sou profissional e sou campeão sem nunca ter usado d artifícios pra melhor rendimento, quando vcs me vêem lutando aquele sou realmente eu
I am professional and I'm champion without ever having used anything for better performance when you guys see me fighting that's really me

juniorcigano ‏ @junior_cigano
Sobre oque ouve com o Overrem não sei nada além doque vcs sabem e pra mim isso é entre ele e a comissão atlética de Nevada. Eu sei sobre mim
About what happened to Overrem I don't know anything more than you guys know and for me It's between him and the Nevada Athletic Commission

juniorcigano ‏ @junior_cigano
I'm doing my whole training camp to fight against Overrem!

juniorcigano ‏ @junior_cigano
Boa noite a todos
Good night everyone

Read entire twitter...

This is not the first time Dos Santos has made reference to PEDs. As reported by MMAMania, in April of 2011 he replied to a question about whether he had ever seen anyone taking performance-enhancing drugs in MMA.

"No I've never seen (someone taking PEDs). But I think at Heavyweight that happens a lot for sure. When you see people like Alistair Overeem, Brock Lesnar, look at the size of those guys, they're really big. As Mario (Yamasaki) said, a lot of people use them but a lot of people don't. I'm someone who has never used (PEDs). I think I came in the good phase of MMA and I've never used them."

For now JDS remains clean and trains as if he is fighting Overeem. Who he ends up fighting is not known at the moment, but fan sentiment is running towards Mark Hunt, a recent rumor says it is Fabricio Werdum, and the odds are here.

Hayabusa Mirai Series Shin Guards

Hayabusa Mirai Series Shin Guards

Jaco Resurgence Fight Shorts

Jaco Resurgence Fight Shorts

ranier wolfcastle site profile image

4/6/12 2:15 PM by ranier wolfcastle

hope its true

RedVexx site profile image

4/6/12 2:07 PM by RedVexx

Feeling gullible?

Sho_Gunn site profile image

4/6/12 2:05 PM by Sho_Gunn

WAR CIGANO

Systema site profile image

4/6/12 1:41 PM by Systema

I believe Cigano. He never used no shit. The reason I believe him, is because he has something else that he uses and keeps injecting himself with. It's called SKILLS. He doesn't use very much force when he fights. He puts guys away and beats guys clearly on SKILLS. His hands are quicker and his combos are better, and he beats guys to the punch with takedown defence, and moves his feet very well. When you have this stuff called skills you don't need roids.Overroid on the contrary, has not displayed very much skills as of late, and has been relying on force to bully people. Nearly getting out sparred by Werdum, and kicking a frightened Brock in the gut. No crisp hands, no impressive footwork, but plenty of rolls on the back of his neck. Would've loved to see Cigano KHTO anyways. Skills always beats roids in the end.

Tad Ghostal site profile image

4/6/12 1:33 PM by Tad Ghostal

I don't even know what 'clean' means any more.

Jesus Quintana site profile image

4/6/12 1:33 PM by Jesus Quintana

Justin Gatlin was a very vocal anti-drug person until he tested positive. Not saying JDS is juicing, but you can't take someone's word at face value.

Doctor mma site profile image

4/6/12 1:23 PM by Doctor mma

Overeem was bragging just a month ago hwo he is clean and never got caught and he was tested since he was 17, apparently now he keeps silent. Just in retrospect how much weight can you put on some pro athlete bragging how clean they are.

Chaz Johnson site profile image

4/6/12 1:18 PM by Chaz Johnson

He will pop one day too from his protein supplements like everyone else. You got to understand it doesn't matter what your body looks like. You could look like Matt Lindland and be roiding your ass off. You could look like Junior and have muscles that aren't super mature and be super juiced. You could look like a superhero like Overeeem and be juiced off your ass. Point is they all take enhancements. You wanna make it completely fair make everyone only eat and Chicken and Rice and drink Water only unopened bottles. Ban everything else.

Chaz Johnson site profile image

4/6/12 1:18 PM by Chaz Johnson

r_o_y site profile image

4/6/12 1:18 PM by r_o_y

i agree.don't brag jds,cause tbh it is likely not true.

MMA apparel and training equipment
Holiday blowout sale!