Anthony Johnson has no regrets

by Andy Samuelson | source: mmajunkie.com

Despite the severity of his mistake on the scales, Anthony Johnson said he doesn't dwell on losing his UFC contract and focuses only on his future — which now comes in Titan Fighting Championship, including a middleweight date against former UFC fighter Dave Branch at the HDNet-televised Titan Fighting Championship 22 on May 25 at Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kan.

"I can't hold onto the past or my mistakes," Johnson said. "I've got to learn from them and keep moving. I can't let that stuff haunt me because once it haunts you, I don't think you'll ever get over it."

"When it came down to making weight for 185, I just think my body had to adjust from losing muscle to packing on muscle, then trying to lose it (again). My body was just confused. 'What are you doing to me.'"

"But it is what it is. I can't complain about it, I just have to keep going forward and not even think about the past and just think about my future."

"Of course my ultimate goal is to get back in the UFC, but I'm with Titan right now, so I can't think about anything else."

"I've just got to think about who I'm with and who I have to compete against. I've just got to be ready for David Branch. I'm not thinking about who is in the UFC or what the UFC is doing. When my time comes, it will come."

"Florida is great. I like the weather here, but most importantly, I have my (Blackzilian) team here. We all hang out. We're just a big family really. I've got half my family here, so it's not like I'm really missing anything else besides my friends."

Read entire article...
Listen to entire interview...

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

Elevation Training Mask 2.0

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

UFC Elite Series MMA Training Gloves

OnlyTheStrongSurvive site profile image

4/9/12 11:04 PM by OnlyTheStrongSurvive

this is what I don't like. He doesn't have to live with regret, but he should man up and take responsibility for his mistakes imo.

A bag of rice site profile image

4/9/12 10:50 PM by A bag of rice

It would be funny if he missed weight again in his next fight.

BaraoKix site profile image

4/9/12 10:38 PM by BaraoKix

"Out of body experience, Happens all the time"

ChaosOverkill site profile image

4/9/12 10:09 PM by ChaosOverkill

Lots of derp in that

ufcman187 site profile image

4/9/12 9:52 PM by ufcman187

A.J"I try not to have too many regrets in my life. I have a few, but when it comes down to fighting, I don't have any. No point. The bad stuff ain't paying my bills."Maybe having McDonalds as your advisor to cutting weight should make that list of regrets since it kept you from PAYING YOUR BILLS lol

RandyDarsh site profile image

4/9/12 3:36 PM by RandyDarsh

NOT EVEN ONE REGRET, ANTHONY?

CrkHedCtrl site profile image

4/9/12 12:29 PM by CrkHedCtrl

Did anyone else notice that AJ is way bigger than Rashad Evans in the latest primetime? Holy shit he is huge...

Narcolepsy site profile image

4/9/12 12:17 PM by Narcolepsy

This is the stupid fucking mentality that makes him my least favorite fighter.You were SUPPOSED to be going to 185 because you had TOO MUCH MUSCLE for 170. Not add an equal amount of muscle to cut. Can't stand this guy.And his response would be that I'm "hating".

Wes_Mantooth site profile image

4/9/12 11:19 AM by Wes_Mantooth

I want to see him actually learn from his mistakes. Talking about learning is easy, doing it is another thing.

BshMstr site profile image

4/9/12 11:00 AM by BshMstr

i dunno...i was pretty damn critical of the guy for the times he missed weight, but i think he's right here...he still has to keep fighting, since it's his job, and he needs to keep his confidence up. plus, i think he's done something right in his conversations with the media....unlike the guys that screw up and say offensive things, or blame everyone. he's just moving on and trying to stay positive...ain't nothing wrong with that.

The newest MMA equipment and apparel!